Stereo change - CAN-BUS / ISO ?????

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
Could somebody get this clear in my mind once and for all?

I'm looking to replace the OEM head unit in my Leon with a single DIN Pioneer unit that I've got. I know about the facia adaptors (sat nav surround & mk4 golf adaptor) so no worries there. What I'm not sure about is the wiring harness adaptors that I'll need. Car Audio Direct just has a ISO adaptor cable for the Leon 2005 on. When I looked on the actual manufacturers website they say that it won't provide an ignition live etc. What would this mean? Battery drain etc? Also, what exactly is a CAN-BUS adaptor and is this what I'd need?

My car doesn't have bluetooth or steering wheel controls so no need to worry about that. Is it even possible to change the stereo without messing around with finding an ignition live to feed to the unit?

thx :)

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
Ahh. That's why I was getting confused. I was just seeing that as a wheel control adaptor and then not bothering to look into that since my car doesn't have those controls. Didn't realise it was a harness adaptor too. Thanks

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
that one you have listed is only if you have steering controls which he doesnt,all you need is CT20ST01 and if you wish for it work with ignition tap into a feed from the fusebox for something low power (10amp) using a spur fuse-one where you replace original fuse and has a wire hanging off in order to connect to the radio,saves you cutting any wiring loom

if you dont fancy it just do it to permanent on both the ignition and permanent wire and make sure you turn off when you get out manually on the radio although leaving the car for a while may leave you with a dead battery

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.