Stereo fitting

stevebuzz

Jan 25, 2013
Peterborough
Hi,

Sorry but i'm going to ask a stupid question :ban:!!

Just waiting for my leads and facsia to be delivered.

Just so I can get it straight in my head before I start, do I fit the cage first and facsia on top or facsia first then cage through it??????????????

Will be straight forward when I start probably but just need an idea of what i'm about to do!!!!

Only stereos Ive fitted before was straight forward single din!!

Thanks and sorry for being stupid!!!:D

stevebuzz

Jan 25, 2013
Peterborough
thanks mac,

Thats what I thought!
Facsia turned up today, just waiting for cables, think i've ordered everything I need!!
then fingers crossed everything goes right for once!!!

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
thanks mac,

Thats what I thought!
Facsia turned up today, just waiting for cables, think i've ordered everything I need!!
then fingers crossed everything goes right for once!!!

when you come to stuff all the cables back there is a gap at the bottom left that will take most of the wires and plugs

btw what head unit are you fitting?

mm

MrBone

Aug 27, 2007
Hi chaps, IM thinking of fitting a new stereo in my xl. I think im ok with the general fitting, but I want to fit dab pioneer radio and wondering how difficult it's going to be to fit ariel up behind mirror, and microphone for the Bluetooth. anyone got a rough guide for this or.any pointers?

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
rough guide have a lookie at my build thread , here is a rough ish guide

pop out the A pillar trip , screw behind the airbag cover then pull

feed the wires down past the airbag into the gap at the bottom & then under the dash to the back of

head unit

the dab aerial i stuck it behind the mirror too & you can see the mic in the back ground

the wire you can stuff under the edge of the roof lining , my aerial had an earthing pad i dropped out the interior light and got to the top of the screen thru the hole

dont for get a canbus adaptor if you head unit supports steering wheel control

hope that helps anything else just ask

MM

MrBone

Aug 27, 2007
Thanks for the responses, just trying to figure out what I need to order - I want to fit a Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB double din unit, to fit I think I need:

DAB antenna (doesn't look like it comes with one)
Connects 2 CTSST001 - to make steering wheel controls work + Pioneer patch lead? - Will I need any other ISO harness or will this cable/adapter be enough?

Assume I'll also need a facia adapter - anyone know the best place to get one, and which sort I'll need? Also, do I need a cage, or will that come with the head unit do we think?

+anything else I've forgotten?

Thanks

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
fitting

Thanks for the responses, just trying to figure out what I need to order - I want to fit a Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB double din unit, to fit I think I need:

DAB antenna (doesn't look like it comes with one)

Connects 2 CTSST001 - to make steering wheel controls work + Pioneer patch lead? - Will I need any other ISO harness or will this cable/adapter be enough?

as long as you have the pioneer patch lead that should do it , its a load of cables mind so best place to " loose em" is the back left hand corner at the back

Assume I'll also need a facia adapter - anyone know the best place to get one, and which sort I'll need? Also, do I need a cage, or will that come with the head unit do we think?

MM

+anything else I've forgotten?

Thanks

dab yep ebay look for the right type of plug !

Connects 2 CTSST001 - to make steering wheel controls work + Pioneer patch lead? - Will I need any other ISO harness or will this cable/adapter be enough? as long as you have the pioneer patch lead that should do it , its a load of cables mind so best place to " loose em" is the back left hand corner at the back

facia speak to dave at sere motors he will check your vin and git you the right one plus the clips

you will need a powered antenna booster as well

MM

MrBone

Aug 27, 2007
Stereo is here, bargain at 270 quid from halfords using online discount code.looks good and I've taken a look at the connections, but have a couple of questions about which leads I need - for a canbus cable, there seems to be a Connects 2 CTSST001 and also a CTSST001.2 - any idea which I need, I can't tell the difference, except the latter costs about 15quid more ? . Also with regard to antenna amplifier, there's a standard din socket on the stereo,but assume on the antenna cable it will be fakra connector into the standard seat unit? I can get an amplifier with din plug on one end and fakra on the other so assume this will also do? Thanks

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
Stereo is here, bargain at 270 quid from halfords using online discount code.looks good and I've taken a look at the connections, but have a couple of questions about which leads I need - for a canbus cable, there seems to be a Connects 2 CTSST001 and also a CTSST001.2 - any idea which I need, I can't tell the difference, except the latter costs about 15quid more ? . Also with regard to antenna amplifier, there's a standard din socket on the stereo,but assume on the antenna cable it will be fakra connector into the standard seat unit? I can get an amplifier with din plug on one end and fakra on the other so assume this will also do? Thanks

the more expensive connects one is the one to go for

antenna like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC5-137-V...Parts_SM&fits=Car+Make:VW&hash=item53f53cf9b5

mm

MrBone

Aug 27, 2007
Definitely the right cable have ordered it along with the canbus cable and dab antenna ( I went for the pioneer antenna - I think it quite stingy the don't put that in the box considering the dab won't work without it) just need to sort out the facia plate now

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
Definitely the right cable have ordered it along with the canbus cable and dab antenna ( I went for the pioneer antenna - I think it quite stingy the don't put that in the box considering the dab won't work without it) just need to sort out the facia plate now

dave at sere is your man for the facia plate

MrBone

Aug 27, 2007
righto, all the stuff is finally here, had a bit of trouble getting the right fascia plate but Dave @ sera has sorted me out. I pulled the seat unit out using the prescribed paint scraper and cable tie method, easy enough so far :) going to tackle the rest at the weekend, but am wondering how/where to thread the cables for the dab and mic now I'm looking at the hole. hopefully it will be self explanatory once I get the pillar trim off etc...

Apr 4, 2011
woodford green
righto, all the stuff is finally here, had a bit of trouble getting the right fascia plate but Dave @ sera has sorted me out. I pulled the seat unit out using the prescribed paint scraper and cable tie method, easy enough so far :) going to tackle the rest at the weekend, but am wondering how/where to thread the cables for the dab and mic now I'm looking at the hole. hopefully it will be self explanatory once I get the pillar trim off etc...

get the A pilar out this it the drivers side btw then the end of the dashboard just pulls out

then in the drivers foot well to the right hand side of the steering column pulls off then i think its a t25 head screws for the rest , till you get to the center consul

you can feed the wires thru the hole at the back of the headunit & stash the connects2 and any other wires in a hole at the back on the left hand side

watch that no wires get trapped in front of the support strut in the middle as the HU wont fit then

that of any help

MM

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise