Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Stereo losing power?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by jcborden, Jul 9, 2009.

1. jcborden

jcborden Guest

Having just picked up my LCR my first job was to lose the horrible stereo that someone had previously fitted. I put in my Pioneer unit taken from my previous car and it worked just fine.

However, this morning when I started the car the stereo had lost all the programmed stations and the time. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would cause this?

thanks,
    James

2. swilky23

swilky23 Active Member

I would guess there is possibly a wire that would go straight to the battery for it to keep its memory when the ignition is off

3. jcborden

jcborden Guest

I wondered about that, but have just hooked up the standard connectors so didn't think I needed to do anything else. Certainly on my old car it just used the standard connectors.

4. Mylo

swap the permanent live and the switched live wire, yellow and red I think.

5. dmmsta

dmmsta Sold car - bought bike

2nd'd

For some reason the loom on the VW's is differnet from most others, and has the perm-live and switch-live the other way round.

Most aftermarket HU's have a look that you can just unplug these 2 wires (red & yellow as per mylo) so you don't have to cut anything.

6. jcborden

jcborden Guest

Thanks guys, that was extremely easy - now all working fine!