Stereo not switching on or off with ignition

Sparksy

Apr 17, 2016
Hi everyone, new here and would like some advice.
Picked up my new 2006 Leon FR 2.0tfsi a couple of days ago and have noticed the stereo isn't turning off when I switch the car off or on when I start it. I have checked the ign programming is set to on and have played around turning it on and off so not sure what it is.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated

Last edited:

andiChristianse

Aug 10, 2014
Denmark
Hi everyone, new here and would like some advice.
Picked up my new 2006 Leon FR 2.0tfsi a couple of days ago and have noticed the stereo isn't turning off when I switch the car off or on when I start it. I have checked the ign programming is set to on and have played around turning it on and off so not sure what it is.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated

Have you checked the wiring ? Is the Radio original? if original, have you checked if it is coded correct with vcds? :) :)

ECB

Edward CB
Jun 26, 2013
Northampton
Never had this happen with my Leon but happened with my Polo 9n and it was a fuse. Worth checking them if you haven't already.

Sparksy

Apr 17, 2016
Thanks for the replies. As far as I know it's the original stereo. Apart from this it works fine.
I have checked the fuses and they look fine.
I will need to get something to take the stereo out as I don't have anything to get it out without damaging to check on the wires. Will go to Halfords tomorrow to see if they have anything.
How do I check the coding with vcds? Sorry if that's a dumb question I'm new to this.

andiChristianse

Aug 10, 2014
Denmark
Alternately you could cut a old Id or credit card to fit the holes then the radio just needs a little pull and it pops out :)

If you have access to vcds you need to check if the radio signal is set to analog or digital, if it's the original it needs to be analog! Unless you have original dab or sat nat then it needs to be set to digital.. I can't remember which channel it's under but you can easily play around to check, just don't change any numbers if you are unsure what you are doing :)

I would recommend you run a scan of the car if you are going to play with vcds, it will easily give you an overview of what could cause the problem if it's electronic or wiring fault :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.