Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Stereo replacement

Discussion in 'Altea - includes XL and Freetrack' started by CJRamze, Sep 30, 2016.

1. CJRamze

CJRamze Proud Seat Owner

Hi There,
    I drive a toledo but that section is totally dead.
    I'm told the Altea and the Toledo are basically the same when it comes to the stereo.
    I've bought a double din stereo and a faceplate, What else would I need to replace the stereo?

I've noticed that some of the stereos have Screw tabs either side of the stereo to attach to the frame however the double din I've bought looks like its a straight stereo.
    Will this work? Can I attach this to my car?

I'm a tad worried now...

2. robbo990

robbo990 Active Member

Should do, you can usually buy the L shape brackets that the screws use from a car audio shop.

3. CJRamze

CJRamze Proud Seat Owner

Hi Rob!
    Thanks for the reply, I've been looking (And will continue to do so) but I cant find any. Any suggestions?

4. buljaka

buljaka Active Member

I took mine from scrapyard from golf 4 instrument cluster holders. It will do from any vw/seat/skoda

I bought xtrons pcm71 android and it is great

You will need fascia from seat , original is cheap error than ebay. It costs 20£ in croatia