Stereo System?

iross

Im picking up my new Ibiza Cupra on Monday night, does the car have a good stereo system or do you recommend that i upgrade the system. Im not too sure on how to do this as im pretty daft when i comes to the technical issues if upgrading cars?

Cheers

T. Spark

Hello and welcome!

Really depends what you are after.

Personally the H.U isnt to bad imo. Saying that I no longer use it! I didnt see the point in changing it, until I decided to go a little crazy and go for a rather mad install...

If all you want is some nice tunes, not to loud, not to basse, then you cant go wrong really. However if you decided on sub/s/amps/components etc... then it would be alot easier to change the H.U whilst your at it!

Hope this helps, try a search in the MK4/I.C.E section to get more info.

Deleted member 11127

Hello. Considering its my first car i dont have much to go on but my mate has upgraded to kicker components and there awesome but mine feel really loud if u push them a bit. But bass wise it quite bad lol

gazjones

you cant run an amp on seat head unit but its ok standard quite loud ok bass so up to you if you want more if your not changing speakers or putting amps in leave it a it is

iross

is the head unit ok? as standard head units go. I would like to upgrade my speakers and so on, but do you need to cut out holes n sh*t??

BTW, where is the ICE section in this forum? I cant find it?

gazjones

if you want really big speakers in th front you need to get some mounting pods made of mdf or do what i did and buy autolead ones for the golf and cut a bit out to fit around the window motor the head unit is good for standard all the audi vw have decent sterios. if you just up graded the 4 speakers then that will give a good sound quality if thats all your after

iross

thanks m8, did u find it reasonable easy to do? have u got any pics of it? n do u know where the ice section is? cheers

gazjones

i did it in my last car a 1.2. Its ok to do not easy just bit time consuming and somtimes bit fiddley, you need to drill old ones out as they are riveted then just use fitting kit supplied with speakers and screew new ones in. the auto leads pods come with wireing adapter which are good. the ice section is near middle of main page in modifying if i remember correctly

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.