Stg2 Yes errrrr No?

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
Current Cupra R on a Revo stage 1 map with 135k on the clock.
Recently had all suspension and brakes refreshed, new bearings, coils, breather pipes, arbs, TIP etc.
It would just need a turbo back exhaust to eek out some more power. Gut says go for it, head says at 135k you`ll be in new clutch (changed at 80k) and new turbo territory in next to no time.
What would you do?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
What did you buy it for? Replace cam belt pump ect and ramp it up..just go custom map next time. And stage two the stock exhaust will flow for stage 2...De-cat is needed but system will be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

andycupra

status subject to change
some prefer stage 2 power delivery over stage 1 without setting it up for more power..
depends what you like, more linear power delivery, or the kick in the back unusable power delivery many prefer..

If you prefer more top end linear, then stage 2 may suit, and you don't have to run at the top end of the settings, perhaps run less than the maximum boost that you could run and keep the torque at sensible levels.

Whether you want to spend this money on a higher mileage older car is really up to you. at that mileage you might find other things start to show their age..

personally I wouldn't go stage 2, ( I think you would need to improve breathing and upgrade the downipipe which are not cheap) but we all spend our time and money on different things...
I'd rather spend the money on ARBs and have more fun..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.