'Sticktion' on cluch pedal.

May 31, 2008
Mines the same, i am thinking about making some tiny holes along the cable, shooting grease in then patching the holes.

I tried lubing mine up this weekend, put it back in and 15 mins into driving it started again. I might phone up the guy who did my clutch and ask him whats going on. Is very annoying.

Heavy

Jan 21, 2009
Peoples Republic of Teesside.
My mechanic gave the car a good look over yesterday and said he didn't think the clutch felt bad. He said that as I have been driving newer Volvos for years, I have got used to a very smooth hydraulic clutch. Anyway, I seem to be getting used to it.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Quicker changes make it smoother, i find that after a decent blast mine is very different. Theres a spring on the back of the clutch pedal if this is worn it would give a staged effect to the clutch

May 31, 2008
Ok so i just went for a drive, after staying in 5th for about 10 mins i found that the clutch went back to normal with no sticktion effect then when i used the clutch again it came back. I have checked everything, the spring, the cable and the pedal. I dunno what it is :<

Heavy

Jan 21, 2009
Peoples Republic of Teesside.
People above have reported that clutch and cable change has not solved the problem.

My car had a new clutch about 15k ago with a careful driver, so I think it should be alright.

I'm going to investigate the pedal joint and spring, see if lube or replacement helps.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.