Still got my problems

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
I have been looking into my terrible power issue.

When i bought it all was well.

Then about a month later it just seemed to lose its power above 3k revs.

I can hear the turbo spooling as it should.

I had the over advanced camshaft light on but that was sorted as my timing belt was slightly out as i had it done just after my issue as it was due.

I have had my turbo checked and ordered new intake and turbo to intercooler pipes.

Can anyone give me a few things to start looking at that could be causing these issues as i have drawn a blank.

I have done the n249 delete to see if that made things any better and it made no difference.

Also it seems to boost better when the engine is cold. ( i dont thrash it with a cold engine and turbo)

Cheers in advance

Last edited:

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
Anyone in the west yorkshire area want to lend me a hand with diagnosis?

I am in halifax.

Could really do with a hand as i arent getting anywere even with the vag com.

Checked my vag com with the boost figures.

While idleing
absolute pressure 175
air pressure 985
actual boost 990
air mass in 2.4 g/s

Last edited:

JackK

Aug 9, 2015
South East
Have you had it tested for any boost leaks etc? And are you running a different dump valve to stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
I did a small test by spraying carb cleaner on all the pipes to see if the cars revs were affected.

I am running the standard dv but i have had an air line on it and it is holding pressure.

I have a fair few silicon hoses on their way for the pipes which dont look too great.

I unplugged my maf today and took it for a drive for a while and it seemed alot smoother.

The power still didnt seem perfect but personally thought that it was pulling better through the gears.

Last edited:

JackK

Aug 9, 2015
South East
Maybe try some maf cleaner, there is specific product but I just use electrical contact cleaner. Unclip the maf spray it on the contacts and clip it in and out a couple of times to help clean all the pins. Are you running a new cone filter like k&n? As they tend to have a oil in them that our maf doesn't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
Yeah i have a new enclosed cone. But ive had these problems before i fitted it.

Ill give it all a clean and see what happens. My maf has a stupid hex screw that doesnt fit any of my hex bits.so just sprayed some carb cleaner in the housing.

I cleared my codes on vag com which reset the maf for the fueling and it made it boost alot better also until it ajusted itself again

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members