Stolen Cupra

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
Anyone tried a disklok on a DSG cupra? It does say they may not fit because of the paddles.

EDIT: Golf drivers seem to say it fits, so i dont see why it shouldnt fit the Cupra.
Sometimes you have to be careful with the extra security. If you keep the keys separate ie take the disklok keys to bed then there's stories of the thieves come looking for you to get the keys. My brother knew somebody who had a BMW and was into electronics. Years ago when you bought Peugeots they used to have a keypad for the immobiliser, he'd got one of these and fitted it into the Beemer. When they came to take his car they couldn't start it so came back in the house while he was asleep and put a knife to his throat to get the code. Sometimes it's safer to just let them go. I know we all protect our stuff but at the end of the day they are metal boxes not people

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
Anyone tried a disklok on a DSG cupra? It does say they may not fit because of the paddles.

EDIT: Golf drivers seem to say it fits, so i dont see why it shouldnt fit the Cupra.
Small disklok fits perfect. You may want to use the steering wheel cover as the disklok may make the steering wheel.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Sometimes you have to be careful with the extra security. If you keep the keys separate ie take the disklok keys to bed then there's stories of the thieves come looking for you to get the keys. My brother knew somebody who had a BMW and was into electronics. Years ago when you bought Peugeots they used to have a keypad for the immobiliser, he'd got one of these and fitted it into the Beemer. When they came to take his car they couldn't start it so came back in the house while he was asleep and put a knife to his throat to get the code. Sometimes it's safer to just let them go. I know we all protect our stuff but at the end of the day they are metal boxes not people
There are 2 deadlocked doors between me and any thieves, plus im a 280lb guy, let them try! I get what you're saying though, but ill do everything I can to protect it.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Really got me thinking about this now.

It seems that they often get past the cars security via the OBD port. There are options available to hide the port. Not looked at a Leon, but on my Astra it can be unscrewed easily enough and then hidden deeper in the dash. You can also get extensions so you can reroute it somewhere else. If nothing else this will slow them down, since they would be expecting the port to be readily available in the usual place. Should be easily reversible come service time.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Really got me thinking about this now.

It seems that they often get past the cars security via the OBD port. There are options available to hide the port. Not looked at a Leon, but on my Astra it can be unscrewed easily enough and then hidden deeper in the dash. You can also get extensions so you can reroute it somewhere else. If nothing else this will slow them down, since they would be expecting the port to be readily available in the usual place. Should be easily reversible come service time.
Nearly all of the Cupra's are taken by gaining access to the keys

Reactions: Keri Stacey

superdon

Jan 30, 2017

What happened with his insurance wise?

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Agreed, alot of people on here seem to care more about the car than themselves or there family, I've got a 68plate s4 which is a popular car to be nicked due to the value, I leave the keys by the front door, couldn't careless if they want to steal it, don't get me wrong I hope they don't but if they are gonna break in if rather them be in and out, it's insured and has gap insurance so its easily replaced

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Unless they watch me they wouldn't know which house I was in anyway since there isnt reserved parking or anything. More worried really about spitefulness like keying, which has happened to me before.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Just spotted this thread but I'm sure most insurers if it's a brand new car and it's under either 3 or 6 months old they order you a replacement car instead of paying out market value (means your not out of pocket). Have your insurance told you what's happening yet?

Deleted member 103408

Based on what I have seen on here and the web generally you can be as strong as you like, be armed up as much as you like but when a smackhead is holding a knive to your wife / kids / dog you give them the keys.

What I want is a device that allows them to steal the car and drive a few miles down the road and then lock the car down.
Dont see one of those yet so I leave my keys by the door take the car and I will claim on the insurance.

Woodygo

Nov 1, 2018
Birmingham
Your right if they get in the house just give them your keys but if you can pervent them from getting in the house the great as I have cctv with sensors that cover my whole drive and front and rear gardens and my setup has stopped them from trying to look around my rs6 so as it works for me shooting the scum I would do it again and again but like they say if they get in your house let them have the keys

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
I've only just had my phone interview with the loss adjuster so have to wait for his report and how long the insurers are going to wait before they call it a day as to whether it will be found or not. Got a lovely Ford S-Max courtesy car

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester

Keri Stacey

Oct 26, 2018
This will stop the car from being taken but doesn’t stop the would be thief to threaten your family for the code (if they want the car bad enough)

I think Clifford Blackjax will allow the car to be driven away to a safe distance, then can arm and disable the car.
We saw that device and said exactly the same thing about them coming back in for the password