Stoneache Seat looses dealership?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
The whole Motorvogue SEAT (Northampton) is all go now, seeing as they were advertising in the paper for new employees.

andycupra

status subject to change
m0rk said:
andy - it didn't & you can't make of it what you want.

it was a financially sound business affected by other interests of a director..

presuming you are talking about the seat dealership BEFORE stoneache i can assure you it did. why exactly i cant say.

i was one of the last customers and they took alot of peoples money with them.(including some of mine)

lots of letter writting and phone calls with the receivers, warranties paid for and not honoured are amount my experiences.

SEAT UK may you also hang your head in shame.

:censored:

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
andycupra said:
presuming you are talking about the seat dealership BEFORE stoneache i can assure you it did. why exactly i cant say.

i was one of the last customers and they took alot of peoples money with them.(including some of mine)

lots of letter writting and phone calls with the receivers, warranties paid for and not honoured are amount my experiences.

SEAT UK may you also hang your head in shame.

:censored:
The bit I dont get Andy is you cannot get other vag dealers to honour warrenty work :confused: but they can service your car and stamp your book :blink:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
indeed andy is wrong....

there was a holding company involved - if something goes wrong in that one - the companies below it also NEED to go into receivership

if the dealer never paid SEAT UK for the warrantee, then the warrantee is invalid Steve

rally-man

Driveshaft Eater!!!!!!!!!
Aug 14, 2002
Milton Keynes
Visit site
techie said:
Indeed MK SEAT as a buisness had plenty of money in the bank when they changed over to Stoneacre.

Erm....no we didn't Roscoe :thumbd:
But some of that was thanks to one or two narrow minded individuals not directly connected with the dealership who couldn't see the long term viability.

Bassman

Stoneache is where I bought my car and had 1 service and I must say if it is losing its franchise I am not at all surprised. They are the most unproffesional bunch of cowboys I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with, after my last service I vowed never to use them again and I will travel where ever need be to get decent service. They Sux.

MK8

This thread is really old i know, but just come back from Stoneacre, and as of Wednesday next weeks (2 or 3rd of Feb) they will be under a new franchise but still a Seat dealershp they told me.

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
X20HER said:
This thread is really old i know, but just come back from Stoneacre, and as of Wednesday next weeks (2 or 3rd of Feb) they will be under a new franchise but still a Seat dealershp they told me.

Yep I heard that they will be a proper Seat Dealer again, hopefully it will be a good un. :D

MK8

Yeah me too, hope they get new staff in. Salesman Adam there is good, nice guy and all that, but the rest...

When i bought my car from Stoneacre, i got 3 free services, i have used on so far. What happens to my other two now? any ideas?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
depends on who raised the offer - if it was 'MK Stoneacre' or SEAT UK, or Stoneacre group (which means going to Peterborough I think)

What paperwork do you have?

MK8

Its like these certificates printed on an A5 bit of glossy paper! It says, [Me] is awarded to a free service including materials, and i have three of them. My last service i just handed the certificate in and thats it. It says Stoneacre on it.

do you not think that the new one will award me them just to be nice and customer service and all that?

rally-man

Driveshaft Eater!!!!!!!!!
Aug 14, 2002
Milton Keynes
Visit site
Hi Guys, I'm back:D
Just surfed on back here after god knows how long away.
Got a bit of info on your new man at MK Seat (yes it's gone back to that name again).
He's another sponsored guy I think and he used to be at Johnsons Honda in MK (Boy does that sound familiar ).
Sounds like you have your "normal" dealer back at last.
With regard to the free servicing offer, that would have undoubtedly been a Stoneacre offer but there's no reason why the new guy couldn't do it, customer relations and all that.
If that doesn't work then get onto SEAT customer service and have a go, after all this is the 3rd SEAT franchise holder in as many years.

ronnie939

Hi,

I bought my FR from Stoneacre last year, ok customer service... Dealers were a little shifty... but I got a great deal at the time.

Now its back to MK SEAT, not only have they got to great looking women there selling cars (wondered how there sales figures rose of late.)

My and the Mrs have got a great deal on the new TDi Leon with Xenons and park assist and mp3 and space saver.

The bloke there was more than happy to do a deal after I had found an excellent one in northampton, I said can you match it...

He did and added Gap and mats into the deal as well. The GF was speaking to the MD who took time to expain about how the cars are ordered and a little bit about the new ownership of the dealer.

Looks like I might be back for another FR when they are realsed.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.