Stop Start Disabled

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
Whilst mucking about some VCDS alterations I managed to run my battery flat.

I ended up called out the AA, who jumped started the car, and on start up the dashboard looked like a Christmas tree.

The AA said to go on a long drive and the lights should go out, which they did, but I am struck with a message reporting an error in the stop start system.

I appreciate that this monitors battery voltage, and I had hoped that after a drive with the battery being recharged that the message would go away.

But after a 40 min fast drive it is still there? I guess that this is going to be trip to the dealer, as the car is still under warranty?

Whilst writing I can't get the alarm chirps to work on setting and unsetting the central locking. I have made all the required changes, but I get no sound.

The car is a 2017 2.0TDI 150 BHP Excellence by the way

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Whilst mucking about some VCDS alterations I managed to run my battery flat.

I ended up called out the AA, who jumped started the car, and on start up the dashboard looked like a Christmas tree.

The AA said to go on a long drive and the lights should go out, which they did, but I am struck with a message reporting an error in the stop start system.

I appreciate that this monitors battery voltage, and I had hoped that after a drive with the battery being recharged that the message would go away.

But after a 40 min fast drive it is still there? I guess that this is going to be trip to the dealer, as the car is still under warranty?

Whilst writing I can't get the alarm chirps to work on setting and unsetting the central locking. I have made all the required changes, but I get no sound.

The car is a 2017 2.0TDI 150 BHP Excellence by the way
I think you will need to use a battery charger overnight to get the battery charged fully, if you do it yourself take note of where to connect the negative lead of the charger, it has to be connected to the chassis earth point NOT the battery negative terminal.

Reactions: Wastedagen

Deleted member 103408

The alarm chip can be one of two things.

1/ You need to do a factory reset, Car, Settings, etc or you just have one of the newer setups where it works but its so quiet you cant here it.

2/ Stop Start error message - which one are you getting and what changes did you make.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I’ve had the error before, admittedly not when the battery went flat as yours.

Disappears the next tome I started it.

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
I have just come back from a 40 min fast drive, I'll let the car stand and hopefully it will clear fault. I had hoped that it was intelligent enough to rest once normal battery charge was reached.

These are the instructions I have followed in trying to get the chirps to work. I had read that newer models may have quiet chirps, but I can't anything at all

Activate Alarm Chirps on Lock / Unlock
1. Select 09 – Centr. Elect.
2. Select 16 – Security Access
3. Input Security Code 31347 Click do it and yes if it brings up another box.
4. Select 10 – Adaptation
5. Choose from drop down – Ruckmeldungssingale-Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegeln
6. Adjust value to yes
7. Choose from drop down – Ruckmeldungssingale-Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln
8. Adjust value to yes
9. Choose from drop down – Ruckmeldungssingale-Akustische Rueckmeldung global
10. Adjust value to Active
11. 11. Choose from drop down – Ruckmeldungssingale-Menuesteuerung Akustische Rueckmeldung
12. Adjust value to Active
13. Choose from drop down – Ruckmeldungssingale-Dauer der Akustischen Rueckmeldung vom einfachhorn
14. Adjust Value to what you want, we selected Normal

Deleted member 103408

Here are the OBD11 Codes

Beep / alarm when locking and unlocking the car
With this mod you may have to close, open or in both cases with horn beep occurs.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347) - yes you have that
2 - Adaptation
3 - Signs response
4 - Sub - Akustische rueckmeldung entriegeln --- On - yes you have that
5 - Sub - Akustische rueckmeldung verriegeln --- On - yes you have that
6 - Sub - Global rueckmeldung --- On Akustische - yes you have that
7 - Sub - Akustische rueckmeldung Signalhorn --- On - Cant see that in your settings
8 - Sub - Menuesteuerung Akustische rueckmeldung --- On (On Screen Display) - yes you have that
9 - Sub - Dauer der vom akustischen rueckmeldung einfachhorn --- Normal (No alarm) or Kurz (with alarm) - Yes you have that

Looks like you have missed this bit 7 - Sub - Akustische rueckmeldung Signalhorn --- On - Cant see that in your settings

Just be aware that many people on the Golf and Leon facelift forums complain you cant here this.

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
Yes when doing the programing I saw an entry for the line which is missed from my instructions, I enabled this entry too but it do not make any difference?

Deleted member 103408

Dont supprise me, you have a newer car, If you listen carefully you might hear a very small sound (that is what most complain about).

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
In answer to a previous message, this is the error message

upload_2019-6-15_19-24-30.png

Deleted member 103408

OK What coding did you use for the stop start turn off.

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
Sorry I didn't use coding to disable start stop, I got this message after starting my car with a flat battery.

I have been lazy and written thread about a start stop fault and coding issues, which may cause confusion.

Deleted member 103408

No problem, if you have VCDS then clear the errors first and see if they come back.

As others have said if you can do a proper overnight charge of the battery or if not then a decent drive and see what happens the next day.

JCM27

Apr 15, 2019
I get this error once every week from cold start. Symptoms are:
- judders on startup
- idle rpm at 1.2k
- engine line comes on for 5secs
- stop start comes on as error

Next start of the car usually clears it.

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
Drove the car this morning and the message has gone away.

Two lessons I have learnt, with a flat battery the electric handbrake can't be released, and if you try and disconnect the battery to charge it the alarm will keep going off.

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
I have just come back from a 40 min fast drive, I'll let the car stand and hopefully it will clear fault. I had hoped that it was intelligent enough to rest once normal battery charge was reached.

These are the instructions I have followed in trying to get the chirps to work. I had read that newer models may have quiet chirps, but I can't anything at all

Have you tried going into the infotainment system car setting menu after doing the coding ? There is an additional box that is added that you need to tick to get the audible chirp I think.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Get an optimate charger and fully charge the batt once a month and the battery will last years longer, I have one connected to my bike all the time too and it still had the original battery at 7 year old.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.