Stop the Wheel Spin

desmaxsum

Mk 3 Toledo 2.0 TDI 140 sport on 18" rims, lowered & uprated springs yet seem to either have that much torque or something else:confused: that i can spin the wheels a little with the ESP on? Turn it off and oh my god a trye shreader is born:D
Any idea's guys????? Thinking about taking off the tyres and replacing with something really grippy to see if that helps but the softer the compound the quicker you go through them.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Easier on the throttle will help, there's no reason for even the most modified cars to spin their wheels if driven correctly. Then again, you can get a 1.0 Corsa to light it's tyres up with the wrong driving technique.

The wheel spinning a little with ESP on is correct, basically the wheels need to spin for the ESP to know something is wrong and then kill the power.

desmaxsum

Slimy,

Thanks for that one matey however I do think that they spin a little more than they should and I certainly do not go round booting it all over. Very high torque produced I feel and so do many others that have driven it. Just seem to think that a grippier set of boots would help.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Decent tyres would certainly help, the 'fullrun' tyres on mine could cause the aforementioned 1 litre Corsa to look like a pro drifter with the complete lack of grip they give!

You don't need to sacrifice high mileage though, there must be a middle ground between hard compound mile crunchers, and soft compound superglue that allow you to reverse the planets rotation with the amount of grip they give.

Cheekychimpo

Mk 3 Toledo 2.0 TDI 140 sport on 18" rims, lowered & uprated springs yet seem to either have that much torque or something else:confused: that i can spin the wheels a little with the ESP on? Turn it off and oh my god a trye shreader is born:D
Any idea's guys????? Thinking about taking off the tyres and replacing with something really grippy to see if that helps but the softer the compound the quicker you go through them.

Hi Im after a set of standard springs, I see you have uprated yours, would you consider selling the originals?

I can collect.

Cheers Paul.

desmaxsum

Springs

Sorry dude have not got the standard spec springs the car was fitted with the uprated issue when I bought it last year. Have got a set of 18" RS rims with part worn tyres that will be up for sale once my new Rims arrive on Friday!!!!!:drool:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members