Strange idle issues

Apr 19, 2020
Hi all,
I have a seat ibiza 6l 1.4 BBY engine from 2003. My idle seems to be fluctuating at idle.
I also have this issue when if I'm in neutral and rev the car and let the car come back to idle. The rpms drops below the usual and it pulls back up to normal. The car also stalls very easily when in taking off in first and reverse gear.
Is this normal?

I was thinking of doing a throttle body and egr cleaning. Do I need to have a the throttle body reset using VCDS, if I do this?

Thanks!

savvaras124

Seat ibiza 6L 1.4 bbz (1.8t soon)
Sep 28, 2017
Greece
If the idle fluctuates between 800-900 rpm i would consider it normal, if it fluctuates higher something is wrong. Yeah try to clean the egr and throttle body, vcds calibration is necessary for both parts . The idle problem may be a cause of a vacum leak, try to hear for a hissing sound while the engine is working. When you clean the throttle body make sure you hold the throttle from the plastic case so the cleaner you'll spray won't go to the electronics and the throttle position sensor and damage it

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
A lot of the cars have some variation in idle speeds, my diesel does similar and always has. As above if its more that 100rpm then might be worth looking at.

Apr 19, 2020
Okay thanks for the information guys!

The rpm specs that you've both specified are in spec.

I do not have access to a vag-com cable or VCDS. Unfortunately, I will not be cleaning the parts then.

Thanks again!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.