streaks why?

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
just a quick q it is not far of the time of year when i can spend a day on the car it is a red mk5 golf gti (used to own a lcr) i use all zymol products i brought a pack last year that cost £120 but when i polish it all up then the sun shines on it it looks like it is all streaking is there any reason for this.
Also when people say detailing do they just mean full strip off old wax etc and rewaxing (sorry if thi is a silly question just not sure)
thanks in advance
kev

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
Kevo said:
just a quick q it is not far of the time of year when i can spend a day on the car it is a red mk5 golf gti (used to own a lcr) i use all zymol products i brought a pack last year that cost £120 but when i polish it all up then the sun shines on it it looks like it is all streaking is there any reason for this.
Also when people say detailing do they just mean full strip off old wax etc and rewaxing (sorry if thi is a silly question just not sure)
thanks in advance
kev

Hi Kevo,

can you detail the products and the order of application including the method you use to apply the different products?

Mark

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
first i wash with Clear Autobathe then i use HD-Cleanse with a zymol applicator pad and wipe off with a zymol towel i then wax with the carbon wax which was origanally for my black car but i have been told it is fine for my red one i apply using straight movements then i wipe off and polish with a microwipe it has been a couple of months since i did it andi think that is the order but i did follow the book i got in the starter pack that i got. i have also got the clay bar and lube which i will use this time.

ps do you sell the hd cleanse and the autobathe.

Last edited:

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
Kevo said:
first i wash with Clear Autobathe then i use HD-Cleanse with a zymol applicator pad and wipe off with a zymol towel i then wax with the carbon wax which was origanally for my black car but i have been told it is fine for my red one i apply using straight movements then i wipe off and polish with a microwipe it has been a couple of months since i did it andi think that is the order but i did follow the book i got in the starter pack that i got. i have also got the clay bar and lube which i will use this time.

ps do you sell the hd cleanse and the autobathe.

No I stopped selling the Zymol stuff due to an angry mob. ;)

As for the streaks, sounds very odd - how are you drying the car? Are you fully rinsing the bodywork before drying down?

It is possible that it may just need a clay bar and lube to get rid of all the minor imperfections but it may actually be down to your drying method or application method the wax. Zymol stuff goes a long long way, you only need to rub a tiny amount into your palms/tips of fingers. I wouldnt bother using the blue round applicator pads for the wax because they are a waste of time if you want to get a good feel of the wax.

Actually, are you allowing the Zymol to haze over slightly before removing or are you using the wipe on / wipe off method (ie no waiting time)?

Mark

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
i am drying the car properlybefore starting this procedure and i am applying the wax with the pad (will try with hands) i am putting he wax on in one direction then wiping with the microwipe in the other to get proper coverage then leaving for about a minute then wiping to be honest thnking about it i may be putting to much wax on. what do you recomend to take the wax off then polish it and do you have any alteratives to the zymol stuff or am i better sticking with the same product for averything.
thanks

chiefsilverback

Terrible thing a poo poo!
Mar 21, 2005
RTW, Kent
I won't mention the name of the site cause I'm not sure on the rules, but the supplier I get my Zymol from has started selling an inline filter so you can rinse the car with virtually de-ionised water and this really helps in reducing streaking (apparently)...

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
chiefsilverback said:
I won't mention the name of the site cause I'm not sure on the rules, but the supplier I get my Zymol from has started selling an inline filter so you can rinse the car with virtually de-ionised water and this really helps in reducing streaking (apparently)...

I dont think it is that sort of streaking mate unless it is some seriously dodgy rain water that Kevo has.

However, I assume you are on about AquaGleam that is sold by the Zymol UK franchise which is a decent product using carbon resin. I think the 'Flash' system works pretty much the same way but obviously there is the 'pansy' factor when holding that big purple spray nozzle. :)

Mark

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise