Streaming - Tech Pack

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
what you need to do is pair the phone and then the music streams via the Bluetooth connection. after you paired the phone up each time you get in the car it will pair up automatically, then you select the media option and it will either play the cd in the cd player or whats in your phone.

the first time you pair the phone it needs to be plugged in using the connection in the glove box then you go to media and select set up and go from there

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
I stream from Spotify via bluetooth - never used the glove box connectors! And you can skip from the steering wheel, so I'd bet Google is the same.

Sent from my ZX81

gaffer1986

That sounds awesome, I hope it works, all my music is on the Google Play cloud with my favorites stored on my hardware devices also. So hoping the Leon will put an end to downloading new songs to my USB drive and I will be able to select play lists from Google Play Music. Is the streaming reliable or does it cut out sometimes?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I tested streaming using Google play, it streams fine but I wasn't able to skip tracks with the steering wheel controls.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
I wasn't able to do anything using the car controls. Had to press play on the phone to start streaming and skip via the phone. All the car seemed to do was playback via the car speakers, all controls had to be done on the phone. I only had a quick play though so I might have missed something.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Depends what device you are using whether it will let you skip tracks, as it's based on the AVRCP protocol and requires support of this

LeeG

i think that tech pack is one of the best on the market- had no problems

gaffer1986

Depends what device you are using whether it will let you skip tracks, as it's based on the AVRCP protocol and requires support of this

What version of AVRCP is the Leon compatible with. After a little research it seems there is various versions of AVRCP ranging from 1.0 - 1.5, I think my current phone only has 1.0 but I'm happy to buy a kit kat :) if I can have remotely controlled media streaming with meta data.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I stream from Spotify via bluetooth - never used the glove box connectors! And you can skip from the steering wheel, so I'd bet Google is the same.

Sent from my ZX81

only need to do it the first time, that's all I did so I could set up the Bluetooth connection on with my iphone

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Works fine on my Leon loan car. This is using a Galaxy S4 running Omega v18 4.3. Just make sure you stop the default app as that tries to take hold.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise