Streched tyres info

grease monkey

Right i dont know if this is in the right section but here it is, ive been looking into tyre streching as i would like to do this to my leon and what i have found so far is not good :( i just wondered if there was anyone on here with streched tyres and tell me what you think, and give me the pros and the cons. Thanks Chris

swoosh225

Swoosh
Sep 17, 2007
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Ive gat stretched tyres on both my cars with no trouble what so ever.
On the LCR i have 215/35r18's on 8x18j rims the tyres are meant for 7j width rather than 8's

The pro's are they look better i suppose as for the cons :shrug:

:D

grease monkey

Cheers swoosh225 and dave, from what i have read it seems ok so il probs give it a go :)

swoosh225

Swoosh
Sep 17, 2007
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Cheers swoosh225 and dave, from what i have read it seems ok so il probs give it a go :)

Think basically its personal preferance mate.I used to work for tvr and tuscans used to have slight stretch on the front tyres and that was a manufacturer.Also they are a very fast car capable of 160+ mph so that debate wasn't 100% true.Also a mate BMW M3 new shape thing has slight stretch on them.:D

grease monkey

Think basically its personal preferance mate.I used to work for tvr and tuscans used to have slight stretch on the front tyres and that was a manufacturer.Also they are a very fast car capable of 160+ mph so that debate wasn't 100% true.Also a mate BMW M3 new shape thing has slight stretch on them.:D

Right i didnt know that, does your leon still grip the road just as good ?

grease monkey

Yes suppose but i dont really drive it that hard usually have my 6 month old daughter in the car:D

Ah good on ya mate always drive safe with kids in the car like :) lol by the way where did you get ya number plates from as im after a set ?

AdeR

Dubmeister ones are road legal I had a set on my 106 and they were fine.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.