Stretched tyres - discuss

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
is this a safe thing to do?

personally I would rather stick a rusty nail in a major artery and those of you that do it should be banned from driving

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Looks OK to me

post-2-1228422358.jpg

post-2-1228422534.jpg

post-2-1228422569.jpg

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
immediate driving ban for being a **** head

and castration.......we dont need your genes in this world thanks

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Someone I met had a mate who said they knew someone who brushed past a guy once who emptied the bins at Prodrive and apparently stretched tyres are definitely safe.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the general consensus on the 'scene' is that it's OK to have tyres with less grip, and no lateral support if you never make any sharp direction changes, like in an emergency or anything

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
the general consensus on the 'scene' is that it's OK to have tyres with less grip, and no lateral support if you never make any sharp direction changes, like in an emergency or anything

The general consensus on the 'scene' is also that rubbing off your paint with Scotchbrite to make your car look like it's been sitting outside in Southern California for the last 60 years is A Good Thing. :shrug:

There's a chance I may never get any 'scene' points. :cry:

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
I'd much prefer to keep my alloys in almost good condition with proper tyres than have them exposed like M0rk's showing.... is it me, or do they remind anyone else of those sad fake spinner wheeltrims you find in... places?

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Yes Warren.. its worth Billions of 'Scene ' points ;)

thank fook i dont have any.. not even been tempted to go down the route of stretchies...
even on my soon to be fitted BBS rims..

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Yes Warren.. its worth Billions of 'Scene ' points ;)

thank fook i dont have any.. not even been tempted to go down the route of stretchies...
even on my soon to be fitted BBS rims..

Well know I know! I do love a good 'scene'!!! What a bag of @rse!

By the way I love BBS rims (if I wasn't so skint this year there would be some on the S3), it may be just coincidence that I always tend to see them on BBS split rims (and one set were **** / silver)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members