Struggled to keep up with Mazda3 Sport!?

Jammy78

Aug 27, 2004
Hemel Hempstead
I think there's something wrong with my Cupra as I whooped by a Mazda3 sport & then couldn't keep up with it! The 0-60 times on those oap motors is around 8s?

Do I need to get it on a rolling road or is there something I can do with vagcom?

Jammy78

Aug 27, 2004
Hemel Hempstead
It just had Sport on the back..... & I got a good view of it while it left me for dead! I wouldn't have minded if it was a MPS but not just a plain Sport!

Would a revo'd Cupra have these easily?

Or maybe there's something wrong with mine but I just picked it from a dealer & they gave it the all clear (well, except for running low on oil) in the health check!?

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
If it left you for dead then I'd imagine it had either been tinkered with or happened to catch you with your trousers down.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
After ust reading your other post maybe it isn't running right since its been in the dealers for the warning light on etc.
Do you know anyone with another cupra to compare?

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
fastest standard mazda sport is the 180 2.2d at 8.2 0 to 62, apart from the mps 6.1 and then the mk5 2l at 7.9 these seem to be the 3 fastest cars mazda do.

Last edited:

Jammy78

Aug 27, 2004
Hemel Hempstead
Your only option is prob to get it rolling roaded.
Or find a garage with one and go a test drive.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

The Seat dealer took it for a test drive as they carried out a heath check.... I know for sure as the car was filthy! But I doubt they thrashed it!

They warned me that the oil level was very low (it's just under the min) - so manybe I got a leak somewhere? I've got it booked in for a oil/filter change on Sat at ATS - would it be safe to drive tomorrow with oil this low?

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I wouldn't drive it if the oil level is below the min.
Also will ats put the proper spec of oil in? I doubt it.

Jammy78

Aug 27, 2004
Hemel Hempstead
I wouldn't drive it if the oil level is below the min.
Also will ats put the proper spec of oil in? I doubt it.

Actually that's what I'm worried about - who would you trust? Seat Dealer wanted £120 to do it!

I've got the big 4 year service in November, so need something going till then! Would rather a change than just a top up!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.