Stuck with heater dials

gib23

Hi there
The lights have went out behind my heater/fan dials, Ive stripped as much of the dash as I think it needs and unplugged what I can from the buck of the unit but cant seem to get in behind the actual dials to the bulbs. Here is a pic of what Im at just now.

ht tp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3520/4077444393_1e9d394a65_b.jpg

I cant seem to get the unit out the front either as the points where it is fixed with screws stops it going trough.

The bulbs have went out behind my heater dials, I seen on another thread someone with the same problem and the solution was to turn the heater dial to II and pull it out. I cant seem to get this trick to work with mine its a 2001 model toledo. Ive taken all of the surrounding dash and trim off but still cant get into the back of the heater dials unit. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers Gib

Last edited by a moderator:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if it's anything like the earlier cars we had to push in and twist it and feed it out at an angle but the heater cables hold it back a bit

the bulbs fit straight in the rear from memory - small capless ones in holders

there's a satnav type guide somewhere that might help i'll see what i can find 'edit' scrap that, car had AC'

this pic might help ?

819400.png

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members