Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Stunning SEAT Ibiza Bocanegra is ready for the road

Discussion in 'News' started by m0rk, May 7, 2009.

1. xJib

xJib Full Member

2. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

BOC - CAN - EGRA (I think)

3. markmeus

markmeus Mark Graham

Just been looking at the concept and it's a pity they didn't carry the rear lights over to the production model. Would have made the rear stand out more from the normal Cupra.

4. Andywarr

Andywarr Active Member

i like it, altough not so keen on the front bumper colour, looks abit like stubble

so i'll take one in all black please

5. markmeus

markmeus Mark Graham

Why not just by a normal cupra then :confused:

A black one kinda defeats the whole "Bocanegra" theme.

Wonder what it would look like in Candy White?

6. Ami-Jane

wow :clap: well done seat! that looks the nuts!

If I can live with the dsg that will def be my next car! Wasn't interested in the cupra as doesn't look much different from the FR but this i like ;)

Love that colour red too

7. WeeJase

WeeJase pert

couldn't agree more andy.matt/satin black looks much better imho,looks "meaner"[B)]

8. Ami-Jane

[​IMG]

that's my favourite picture... three generations

wallpaper of the month? ;)

can you imagine how good it would look in yellow or white! :drool:

9. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Site Owner

10. Leonidas

Leonidas Guest

Just remembered, when the MK5 came out first it was used as a safety car in the spanish round of the WTCC. We could see the Boca this time :D

11. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Site Owner

Just noticed the shots from the launch at the show have the brakes in the usual front position, however on the press shots they are at the back of the wheel.

Scott

12. markmeus

markmeus Mark Graham

It's crying out for some LED sidelights there.

13. Andywarr

Andywarr Active Member

up to me really

14. warren_cox

warren_cox Back from the dead

From Spanish:

BOCA = Mouth
    NEGRA = Black

Therefore I guess that makes it the Ibiza "black mouth" (doesn't quite have the same ring!)

Very nice car, and would very much like to see the Leon equivalent. I'm so pleased to see something so sharp in SEAT's range as it's more in line with what I'd want from SEAT in future. Shame it's so close to the new ReanultSport concept, but then what can you do.

15. tolly_tdi

tolly_tdi diesel power

looks good! yup means black mouth in spanish - pronounced 'bow-ka-nayg-ra'
    does look a bit too similar to the megane but it'll be better because its seat!!

16. ZBOYD

ZBOYD Looking up at the stars!
    Site Owner

In regards to the Megane, I think Renault are just a bit quicker with their style photocopiers ;)

SEAT re-introduced this look last year with the concept, in effect they have put it back into fashion and the other companies are following the fashion.

17. chris285

chris285 leon mk1 fr tdi

exactly, we have been waiting for this car since the concept was released by SEAT last year which is in turn based on the 70's model i believe so renault are just copying. not only that but that car looks far too much like a bubble for my liking, the bocanegrqa is sharp and stylish and i love it

18. Leonidas

Leonidas Guest

Exactly :clap:

19. BeezerDiesel

BeezerDiesel Minus a Diesel Beezer

'scuse me but the mk5 Golf GTI was the first off the line with the black nose/mouth/face not a piggin' Renault (okay there may be others out there that beat VW but I've got my VAG blinkers on).

I think I can see where SEAT are going with this. The R was a bit of a hardcore version of the top of the range Cupra with upgraded power, brakes and black headlining etc. The Bocanegra could easily slot in to the range above a Cupra model as a mostly cosmetically different model without having to resort to extra hardware upgrades that woudl be expected of an R. Also remember all the fuss everyone kicked up when SEAT released the Leon Cupra and it looked almost identical to the FR? So SEAT had to release the hideous K1 to try and pacify the moaners. Hopefully with the Bocanegra we'll see some attractively styled cars throughout the range if it catches on okay, if it doesn't catch on it's no big shakes to SEAT as they have just introduced a niche model that's getting a fair bit of attention which is good for the brand as a whole.

Anyway big thumbs up from me for the Beezer Bocanegra, first Ibiza model I've liked in a while and would love one to be sat outside my house (collecting seagull **** no doubt) sometime in the future. Well done SEAT (not said that in a while either).

Incidentally [anorak mode on] the seats in the Bocanegra pictures look like slightly modified versions of the Polo GTI's sport seat [/anorak mode off]