Stunning SEAT Ibiza Bocanegra is ready for the road

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Don't listen to your local dealers, according to the garage I talked to last week they didn't even know the 1.6CR-TDi Ibiza was replacing the 1.9 TDi. If it aint on their manifests they don't know anything about it.

Very true, its a shame that a lot of sales people don't have more of an interest in the brand, surely that should be one of the criteria when your interviewed.

I used to work in a supermarket, and while it wasn't a particularly exciting job, i still made an effort to know a bit about the company and it's structure.

If i worked in a dealership, I'd be extremely keen to keep my finger on the pulse as to what the company was doing, and not only that, but what the competitors are doing as well.

Maybe I'm just weird though :shrug:

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
Very true, its a shame that a lot of sales people don't have more of an interest in the brand, surely that should be one of the criteria when your interviewed.

I used to work in a supermarket, and while it wasn't a particularly exciting job, i still made an effort to know a bit about the company and it's structure.

If i worked in a dealership, I'd be extremely keen to keep my finger on the pulse as to what the company was doing, and not only that, but what the competitors are doing as well.

Maybe I'm just weird though :shrug:

i'd agree with you, just makes you wonder if it has put prospective buyers off due to lack of dealer knowledge

think there is more here on SCN than in some dealers

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
This is an absolutely stunning car. Probably the best looking car they've done.

Prices, in terms to what I've read i think they will charge just under £1k on top of the standard car (depending if you 150ps or 180ps).

I have to say its a great move launching this as an upgrade on both the Cupra and FR models. I think i'll be taking the FR.

Mellow Yello

Pedros Dodgy Windows
Jun 13, 2008
I can't wait for this to hit the dealers , just changed jobs and was looking into selling the mk2 ibiza gti ive had for a month now and getting a mk2 leon referance sport with the 1.4 tsi and the aero kit but i think ill wait for this to come out and go place an order for either the blue or white :D

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
This is an absolutely stunning car. Probably the best looking car they've done.

Prices, in terms to what I've read i think they will charge just under £1k on top of the standard car (depending if you 150ps or 180ps).

I have to say its a great move launching this as an upgrade on both the Cupra and FR models. I think i'll be taking the FR.

If that's the case then I'd be looking at the FR version too as they map to the same figures from what I've seen in other VAG cars with similar engines.

Leonidas

Ireland will probably get the 150 version :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonidas

Ohhh I hope the do, as that gives me a choice, though the exchange rate would probably make it as expensive as the 180 version

Probably. Plus the fact than new cars are way more expensive here aswel :cry:[:@]:censored:

Craig W

Just a shame that Vag have decided that the Seat should have the downgraded version of the 1.4tsi could have given it the same as the new Audi S1 with its 200bhp version and to be honest its not gonna cost that much less than the S1 either in top spec format anyways.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
as mork says, the new engine will get about 10mpg more combined i think is the figure and thats what its all about now for car makers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members