Robbo149

Professional VAG addict!
Apr 25, 2005
West Yorks
BORA-PC said:
I conected vag com to my car :

Coolant temperature sensor - short / ground - Intermitent

Can this cause my missfire ?

My car doesnt do any smoke, but sometimes it smells really bad, like bad combustion...

If the ecu is overfueling how come there is no smoke coming from the exaust ???

I would say yes. Coolant temp sensor failure on other VAG engines I'm familiar with can cause severe running problems (even stop running altogether!)

HTH,
Robbo

fishpie

I had this problem too, the stealers replaced all sort of sensors but it didn't do any good. Finally they replaced the ECU and its running perfectly now. Luckily my cars in warrantee so it didn't cost me anything. They said the ECU was 700 notes alone.. ;)

VIKINGODIN

Oct 19, 2009
south wales
Well ill be a blue nosed gopher!!

With a cold engine..

Open bonnet, open drivers side door, turn ignition on fully (do not Start), listen for beep noise under bonnet, after about 1 min it will stop. Close bonnet, get in car, close door, start car, wait 20sec then drive off. Job done :D

BIG THANKS K44N,i changed 4 coil overs in vain,paid 200 bucks for 2 silicone TIP,got a forge 007p and a new n75 valve all for nothing,did what you said and the stutter i was gettin when i went between 4000 and 4500 rpm has completely gone,i took it for 2 test drive and literally sucked a song thrush into the grill the poor litte thing,but nice one mate its gone Now but was doin my head in,cheers:bleh:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise