Sub Install

Deleted member 11127

Hey has anyone tried installing their sub by themselves? Just that i woz wondering how they (if) got the power cable thru the engine :confused: Just that i cannot find a hole to feed it thru!!

Deleted member 11127

Ah genius. Your on about the mk4 ibiza arent u? Iv been looking on the passengers side......hence the side of the battery!

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
yep mark4 wat model is urs
cos this grommet might be where the accelerator cable comes thru , so only is useable on drive by wire cars , worth a check tho

Deleted member 11127

Ah genius. Did it take you long to do? Or is time mostly for the stripping of interior again?

ST03VEN

I just drilled my own hole on the battery side, u need to take off the rear quarter panel interior card and the plastic inside sill bit if u know wot i mean and just run the cables up there, isnt too hard to do.

Kat152

My cables go into the cabin where you said (top right corner of engine bay) then down and under the trim by the door sil.. then under the carpet, under the back seat (theres loads of space for excess cable to sit) then into the boot from there

skoov

Nov 12, 2004
Derbyshire
www.hpieurope.com
I installed a sub/amp in my mk4 Ibiza about 2 weeks ago.

If you take off the underside of your glove box (I think there's 3 screws) then there's a grommit there in the bulkhead that you can fit the wire through - I used a knitting needle and some washing up liquid to thread it through. :D

Matt

Deleted member 11127

Yeh found the golve box removal the easyist. Cheers all

T. Spark

hehe, mine are the same, tho not got them in at the mo...

Gonna just get one 12" me thinks!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Its the same as the Fabia..

Pretty easy, easier than getting a sub here...

ICE0022.jpg

:)

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Just popped into Halfords to get some "last minute" stuff - there doing an Infinity sub only at 1/2 price now £49.99.