Subframe Polybushes...worth it?

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
As the title says...i currently have the subframe off for powdercoating, is it worth spending £65-70 on some polybushes for it? Wanting to hear from people who have done it, I cant see how it would make much of a difference at all as the front mountings for the subframe are fixed so i cant see how it can move much?

Cheers

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
As the title says...i currently have the subframe off for powdercoating, is it worth spending £65-70 on some polybushes for it? Wanting to hear from people who have done it, I cant see how it would make much of a difference at all as the front mountings for the subframe are fixed so i cant see how it can move much?

Cheers

Check YouTube for dog bone mount poly bush.
It shows how much play there is.
People change this one as the main bolt into gear box can snap off in the box. Quite common if car launched quickly all the time.
I have a brand new power flex one you can have for 20 quid. Was 23 new.
It’s unused as went to change mine and found previous owner had done it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
Check YouTube for dog bone mount poly bush.
It shows how much play there is.
People change this one as the main bolt into gear box can snap off in the box. Quite common if car launched quickly all the time.
I have a brand new power flex one you can have for 20 quid. Was 23 new.
It’s unused as went to change mine and found previous owner had done it already.

I have a polybushed dogbone mount but its the actual bushes on the rear of the subframe im wondering about?

Cheers

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
I've fully polybushed the wishbones on mine after the old ones deteriorated and the polys were cheaper than OEM.
The ride is harsher but only mildly - would i go back, no.

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
I've fully polybushed the wishbones on mine after the old ones deteriorated and the polys were cheaper than OEM.
The ride is harsher but only mildly - would i go back, no.

As said in the title, OP and comment above;) im on about the actual subframe bushes.

Cheers

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I have solid billet aluminium bushings in mine, just knocked in with mallet
Can make subframe alignment difficult come tracking time as there is no movement but I have adjustable top mounts to help with this

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
I have solid billet aluminium bushings in mine, just knocked in with mallet
Can make subframe alignment difficult come tracking time as there is no movement but I have adjustable top mounts to help with this

Where did you get adjustable top mounts from? I’ve just gone for powerflex ones, hopefully will track up ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
KW adjustable top mounts, got them when I bought the clubsports
If really bracing can make getting alignment difficult as not much slack anywhere

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
KW adjustable top mounts, got them when I bought the clubsports
If really bracing can make getting alignment difficult as not much slack anywhere

What are the club sports like? I’m looking at the KW variant 2s.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Pretty good in comparison with weitecs had before.
Also lots of adjustability of rebound etc which is handy on a heavily modified weight wise car

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.