Sunroof wont close.

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
I know this may be a shot in the dark, as i don't think i have ever even heard of any other leons with sunroofs let alone see any.
For anyone who does know the workings, the glass will not close because the little aero splitter bit that pops out at the front of the sunroof is not retracting far enough. Has anyone else had this problem?

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
I had this in a golf, one of the arms that make the aero thing drop had come away, I replased the whole splitter from one off a breaker.
Only cost £5, bit fiddley and took about an hour

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
Ok, the problem seems to have fixed itself - for now. I imagine either something expanded/warped in the heat to the point it wouldn't close.

As promised heres a picture.
032.jpg

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I nearly bought your car mate but you beat me to it. was it from the leicester/notts area?

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
Actually I picked it up from milton keynes, and it was a one owner car when i bought it last november.

I think all the extra bits of spec are part of a 'winter' pack but i'm not 100% on that.
Also came with heated leathers, blue tinted wing mirrors and headlamp squirters, none of which i've seen on any other leon.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.