Superguard or Autoglym Protect

182blue

Feb 10, 2005
i have tried swissol, in fact i probably tried most waxes, i even went through a stage of buying expensive waxes, i soon realised though that they tended to smell nice, and the results were good, but i could get the same results for a 10th of the cost , below is an example of a car treated with a £12 wax plus some megs polishes and a pc (work by brazo off cliosport)
im not dissing swissol, i just think its overpriced, ps did the court case zymol had against swissol ever come to anything

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

182blue

Feb 10, 2005
toXXin said:
Not everyone can afford Swissol though....

EXACTLY, and people dont need to pay those prices either, its fine if you want to spend that sort of money, but i can show you as good, if not better products for £12 - £20

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Lol! Welcome to SCN detailing wars!

The photos on this thread are all impressively shiny cars but honestly can anyone tell from a photo which has the shinier finish? :think: To me they're much of a muchness.

You don't have to be an expert to see that the LCR pic above is not taken in direct sunshine. Although it's a sunny day and the house behind is in sun, the car itself is in shade.

For me, I'm happy with Swissol. I have the cheapest swissol wax (Onyx) and one pot will last me for years. It's a piece of piss to apply, by hand, even in direct sunlight and easy to buff off.

Although I like a shiny car, I'm too lazy to do more than clay it and polish once a year or so, wax every couple of months and wash every other week or so if I have the time. I can't comment about 12 months, but the Onyx certainly lasts 3 months without much trouble.

It cost me £37 for the pot but I reckon per application it has cost me about 70p. I'm a tight Yorkshireman and that's cheap enough for me.

182blue

Feb 10, 2005
adaml said:

The photos on this thread are all impressively shiny cars but honestly can anyone tell from a photo which has the shinier finish? :think: To me they're much of a muchness.

You don't have to be an expert to see that the LCR pic above is not taken in direct sunshine. Although it's a sunny day and the house behind is in sun, the car itself is in shade.

For me, I'm happy with Swissol. I have the cheapest swissol wax (Onyx) and one pot will last me for years. It's a piece of piss to apply, by hand, even in direct sunlight and easy to buff off.

Although I like a shiny car, I'm too lazy to do more than clay it and polish once a year or so, wax every couple of months and wash every other week or so if I have the time. I can't comment about 12 months, but the Onyx certainly lasts 3 months without much trouble.

It cost me £37 for the pot but I reckon per application it has cost me about 70p. I'm a tight Yorkshireman and that's cheap enough for me.

fair enough chap, but you could be applying megs #16 which costs £12 and is a bigger tin, last longer, beads like nothing else, and gives an immense shine

Brazo

adaml said:

edit: this is no way shows swissol to be bad, I'm sure it would outlast souveran wax (above) no problem!

I take your point and maybe I was a tad harsh :redface:

You will however notice that I didn't mention what wax was on the corrola because in all honesty I don't feel it makes much difference. To get a great shine you need to prep, prep, prep i.e. clay, polish, paint cleaners, glaze etc etc. The LSP (last stage product) is merely there to protect your previous work,however they (waxes) can impart a certain look, however we are talking the last 5%. Souveran wax is one exception which can really deepen black paint.

Ineed if you were to expertly prep a panel on a bonnet and then top half with turtle wax and half with say a £5K zymol wax I truly don't believe I could tell the difference.

As for durability in terms of longetivity you will need to use a paint sealant like zaino or klasse sg to get anywhere near 12 months (6-9 months is pushing it though). There is a very durable wax called collinite and users have suggested 6-9 months protection again at a push. This wax is widely regarded to be the most durable with perhaps megs #16 coming second. I can provide links to all this if needed! When it comes to boutique carnuba waxes like zymol or swissol yes they can look great and have their place but they are not well known or renowned for urability and given the fact that the most durable paint sealants struggle for 12 months suggesting that swissol natural wax will last for 12 months is a joke but Tony knows that but he has to sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony spears

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I have been detailing for over 10 years now why shud i lie if you know how to use and apply swissol products they will last longer than 12 months ,i am not that bothered about selling the product i mainly do the detailing side of things but i give members a 10% discount i make peanuts out of it :bleh:

Brazo

Tony whats the melting point of swissol? Much like any other all natural caranuba wax is it?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Unfortunately it's true - For around £35 in detailing products your car can look truly awesome - I've tried £100 wax Vs £18 wax and the £18 wax was FAR better!

kam1.jpg

There's £35 worth of shine for you - lol! (polish, sealant and wax). In a recent independent wax test the £18 wax beat every other of the 45 waxes on test - including all the expensive 'prestige' waxes!

Northern

RobDon said:
Unfortunately it's true - For around £35 in detailing products your car can look truly awesome - I've tried £100 wax Vs £18 wax and the £18 wax was FAR better!
There's £35 worth of shine for you - lol! (polish, sealant and wax). In a recent independent wax test the £18 wax beat every other of the 45 waxes on test - including all the expensive 'prestige' waxes!

Oh go on then ... what was the wax :drool:

Brazo

Rob, its good to see some people aren't taken in by the marketing hype on this forum

I have a few comments to make firstly swissol is a fantastic wax, there I've said it! Secondly meguiars and autoglym are just as good. Which means that the final finish must be determined by user skill and not just a wonder wax.

Swissol is however imo wrongly marketed on here as a wonder wax - 'don't use meguiars or autoglym' because they are crap, states some person on here. Personally I haven't used autoglym in a while and prefer meguiars products however of the two pictures I am about to show (not my work) I prefer the finish of the autoglym one. Also please check Tony Spears black porsche photo on his website using swissol products. All show great finishes using different products. You don't have to be overly intelligent to therefore reliase that its tecnique not product that produces great results every time. If the ('sponser'?) of this sub forum recognised that he in turn would learn a great deal about detailing rather than simply attempting to sell one product

L O O K.

Meguiars NXT wax

meguiarsNXT.jpg

Autoglym

Autoglym.jpg

So to conclude Swissol is great, yes of course it is along with every other premium detailing product company. I hope the above photos demonstrate that.

To finish please, please take everything Tony Spears says with a pinch of salt. Don't take this personally Tony but you have an agenda whereas I don't. If I was selling meguiars only products on here then I too would expect people to assume I have a biased opinion.

Awaits his ban :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony spears

Brazo
I am not on here to soley sell swissol products i just offer it to members because i get discount .
My job is detailing and like you say about getting the job done by experience and also skill ,i can achieve a great finish with machine polishing and using any polish to finish the job but i use swissol because you get a real depth of shine and it will last a lot longer than Autoglm and Mequires .
You may think swissol is very expensive but if you use the wax correctly you can get around 30 applications out of it so all the money you keep spending on a normal polish over the years you are really saving .

But at the end of the day each to your own everyone is free to use whatever polish they want i dont force swissol on anyone they come to me. :thumbup:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.