suspension is in dire need of changing

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
I'm looking to get this car unwobbly and a little comfier. I toyed with the idea of lowering springs, but i think id prefer comfort. im not sure where to start regarding brands but i know i need shock absorbers, coil springs and suspension bushes. should i replace my engine mount and do i need anything else?

car is a 1.4 petrol sportrider, thanks :]

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Probably worth checking the bushes over in the rear axle and control arms too, I used Superpro in mine but they're quite hard and expensive and if you're after comfort probably top quality standard items would be better (and cheaper), like Febi or Meyle... My engine mounts were shot at around 85k, changing them made the car feel a lot more stable. For suspension, if you're not want to go lower, maybe just a decent set of standard replacements with some Bilstein B4 gas shocks...they're usually around 20% uprated over standard items and usually quite affordable, if you;re changing all that it's probably as well to renew the top mounts whilst you are at it, again, aim for a brand like Febi, who are top quality and less likely to cause headaches.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members