Suspension refresh - rear mounts and bump stops?

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I've ordered a Bilstein B12 kit with Eibach pro springs.
My front top mounts were replaced only 10k miles ago so I don't plan on replacing them when fitting the new kit, but my rear top strut mounts will be original.

Anyone know if the LCR rear top mounts are any different (firmer) to the standard Leon/Golf Mk4 platform cars?
Likewise with the bump stops. Should I replace them? From what I see on online parts diagrams there are many different part numbers.

Thanks

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Doing the same myself right now. I've only ordered new cupra r reinforced front top mounts and bearings. I am 99% sure all rear top mounts are same setup as other mk1 Leon's. Also talking to the parts guy at Listers Seat he has very rarely seen people order these vs loads for the front, so I dont think they fail as frequently plus if they did they are much easier to replace than fronts. As for bump stops I am hoping to reuse the old ones as they dont get the abuse the front end does.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: g60stu

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I’m sure there are poly bushed ones out there but I prefer to stick close to OEM spec.
I think I’ll stick with the original parts unless they look knackered when I take them off.

Reactions: Scotty_b

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Diycarserviceparts.co.uk seemed to do everything as a Febi part pretty cheap. Bit of hassle trying to find the equivalent part number to OE but seemed worth it except front top mounts which seem to be dealer only but great if you are looking to do bearings, bump stops, rear top mounts, spring perch plates and rubber mounting etc

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk