Suspension

Prau187

Dec 5, 2015
I have a friend with a 172 clio that had some entry level Coilovers (no need to brand drop) and then changed to some more track focused Coilovers. We’re taking £800 to then new set £2500.

He knocked 2-3 seconds off his lap times consistently and when other clios are on track against him he has everyone asking what engine mods etc he’s done because he is so much faster yet they don’t realise he’s just carrying his speed better.

In my eyes I only wanted to buy suspension once. That’s why I’ve opted after much research for the Clubsports. My car is a track car only so road going wasn’t an issue.

There are some really good sets out there for road and track use I don’t think you’ll be upset with anything £800wise compared to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeh will be looking into them because stock suspension is a nightmare but once I've got it all set up might have to go on the track and get that experience under the belt too

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sorry maybe didn’t explain well.
I did loads of research before I bought mine.
Don’t know your budget.
The BC’s are for road and track.
Just that mine has become more track based.
They seem one of the best if spending upto around a grand. With more features than others upto 1100 quid.
On the road they’re no different from a set of ST, KW, Sachs etc unless you go for all out track stuff like KW or Sachs clubsport versions.
Club sports will have higher spring rates and will be hard to drive on normal roads.
The only ones predominantly for road that are designed for a more forgiving ride seem to be the KW comforts.
Koni do shock and springs sets which if I remember use Eibach springs.
These are adjustable too but I’ve heard from others running them that they are very firm.
Otherwise if you want a decent feel and level of comfort, have you thought of putting in brand new oem suspension and new oem bushing.
Then it will be like out the factory. Totally different to how it drives now. Comfortable but fairly firm.
Shouldn’t break the bank either. .

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise