SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
buyed update for hw24 unit to 0252 .
ysfdncr send me links, first update not works.also files are not ok. second upload bricket my unit.
for the bricket Unit i shoult pay 69€? For the non working update ?
new unit costs a lot. stay away from this guy....

yeah asked me to buy too.

There is a TPI for 0252 update which means there is a part number for the update these are listed as vw engineering tools. if i had elsa i could find it but will wait for dealer input on this.
apparently the 03xx firmware people are using is beta versions and full of bugs. 0252 was the final update for 5qa0358xx units. however it will not give you the tiled screen just the carousel.
i think if engineering mode can be enabled you can redo the update.
i still need to find out if i can apply this to a retrofitted mib2, as the parking sensors are a bit over cautious and this FW fixes that i read and brings rock solid stability to HW24

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Hi,

Is everybody succeed to remove SVM fault code after moved to the 346 version by the method (XXXX XOR XXXX) ?

I am asking that because i cannot today remove SVM fault code after move to v1030 VW navigation GPS Navi System with VCDS. The method is the same.

Thanks

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi,
Is everybody succeed to remove SVM fault code after moved to the 346 version by the method (XXXX XOR XXXX) ?
I am asking that because i cannot today remove SVM fault code after move to v1030 VW navigation GPS Navi System with VCDS. The method is the same.
Thanks

This is how I did mine recently. If you want to check you are doing the calculation correctly try the example figures at the bottom.
VCDS CODING
1.5F (Infotainment) module, Adaptations, channel: 'Confirmation of installation change'
2. Note your current coding
3.Start Windows calculator and set it to 'Programming mode' and select 'HEX' option
4.Calculation: (current coding) XOR C9D2
5.Change the adaptation channel to the new (just calculated) code
6.VCDS main screen, 'Auto-Scan'
7.Check for fault codes (generated by the update) and clear them (software version, interrupted communication, etc.)
8.Note that VCDS shows your code on the adaptation channel with a space ('xx xx' format).You have to remove the space before you calculate your new code. At the point you enter your new (calculated) code, insert the space again.

EXAMPLE (don't use these values):

•'1A 1A' (original coding of the adaptation channel)
•1A1A XOR C9D2 equals D3C8
•Enter it as 'D3 C8' (with space) on the adaptation channel
•If your original code starts with zero(s) just remove them before calculating (if it's 0AFB for example calculate with AFB)

Thanks - Just tried it and I'm getting 4324 - doesnt look right to me - but maybe it is, I just dont want to enter something wrong,
Any chance you could verify for me
Thanks in advance

I get the same value of 43 24 using your 8A F6.

maszu

Sep 3, 2018
Hi,

Thanks
Yes, it’s always works.

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
This is how I did mine recently. If you want to check you are doing the calculation correctly try the example figures at the bottom.
VCDS CODING
1.5F (Infotainment) module, Adaptations, channel: 'Confirmation of installation change'
2. Note your current coding
3.Start Windows calculator and set it to 'Programming mode' and select 'HEX' option
4.Calculation: (current coding) XOR C9D2
5.Change the adaptation channel to the new (just calculated) code
6.VCDS main screen, 'Auto-Scan'
7.Check for fault codes (generated by the update) and clear them (software version, interrupted communication, etc.)
8.Note that VCDS shows your code on the adaptation channel with a space ('xx xx' format).You have to remove the space before you calculate your new code. At the point you enter your new (calculated) code, insert the space again.

EXAMPLE (don't use these values):

•'1A 1A' (original coding of the adaptation channel)
•1A1A XOR C9D2 equals D3C8
•Enter it as 'D3 C8' (with space) on the adaptation channel
•If your original code starts with zero(s) just remove them before calculating (if it's 0AFB for example calculate with AFB)

Thanks - Just tried it and I'm getting 4324 - doesnt look right to me - but maybe it is, I just dont want to enter something wrong,
Any chance you could verify for me
Thanks in advance

I get the same value of 43 24 using your 8A F6.
This is what i have done ! Maybe upper or lower case change something no ? I mean enter for example 634f or 634F ?
I am using a MIB2 standard (Navi System - 6P0) and use VCDS 17.8

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
This is what i have done ! Maybe upper or lower case change something no ? I mean enter for example 634f or 634F ?
I am using a MIB2 standard (Navi System - 6P0) and use VCDS 17.8
Use uppercase only. When you put the new code into VCDS make sure you have a space between 63 and 4F (63 4F) if this is the calculated result.
If you are using genuine VCDS lead then you should update your VCDS program to 18.2 but if it's fake lead it will kill the lead if you try to update.
Can you post a scan of your 5F module to show the errors?

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Clear faults logs and hard reset unit before trying again.
Just a question regarding fault code. Is there a different between removing fault code directly in the module (module 5F --> fault code 02 --> clear code) and removing fault code after a scan by "clear all DTCs" ? thks

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Just a question regarding fault code. Is there a different between removing fault code directly in the module (module 5F --> fault code 02 --> clear code) and removing fault code after a scan by "clear all DTCs" ? thks
no same thing

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Hi, I have updated from 241 to 346. I have succeeded to remove the 1555 error through VCDS.
The full link was missing and i have succeeded to recover it.
I have just one issue: could you please help me to recover the picture on air con setup screen and wrong shape of Leon on the car menu (I have the Sport Tourer version). I use VCDS. I follow the spanish tuto but i don't know which Byte on the module 8 - climatronic and on the module 5F i have to change.
Thanks

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi, I have updated from 241 to 346. I have succeeded to remove the 1555 error through VCDS.
The full link was missing and i have succeeded to recover it.
I have just one issue: could you please help me to recover the picture on air con setup screen and wrong shape of Leon on the car menu (I have the Sport Tourer version). I use VCDS. I follow the spanish tuto but i don't know which Byte on the module 8 - climatronic and on the module 5F i have to change.
Thanks
I'm sure I only had to change it in module 5F, coding, long coding, the first box (byte 0-2) then select vehicle from drop down box. Mine was 047382 Model. I hope that is correct.

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
I use VCDS and on the module 5F I have on the Byte 1: 73 and on the Byte 2: 03. I have changed the Byte 2: 03 to 02 and after validation, the ST model appears immediately (no reboot infotainment) on my screen and interior view also appears on the climatronic menu. By the way, it is not corresponding to the spanish tuto ... it was Byte 2: 03 for ST version.
One question, Do i need to do a factory reset after this update (241 to 346) ? It is recommended or not ?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I use VCDS and on the module 5F I have on the Byte 1: 73 and on the Byte 2: 03. I have changed the Byte 2: 03 to 02 and after validation, the ST model appears immediately (no reboot infotainment) on my screen and interior view also appears on the climatronic menu. By the way, it is not corresponding to the spanish tuto ... it was Byte 2: 03 for ST version.
One question, Do i need to do a factory reset after this update (241 to 346) ? It is recommended or not ?
Glad you sorted it, don't know about factory reset though.

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Thanks Walone. Waiting feedback from other people if they have done the Reset factory after this update.

Requin

Aug 29, 2018
Hi,

Is somebody knows in the 5F module "adaptation", what startup_screen_sticker_HMI means ? Is there a link with the car logo boot at the start of the MIB, or the image of the seat model on the Car menu ?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.