SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

TwiterZX

Oct 10, 2018
Hi guys, this is my first post here..
Well, I tried to update my system following the steps in this thread on post #72.
But unfortunately after It started downloading the software, it stopped with 2 errors: Can't access file and meta read error.
When I click ignore, it does nothing and when I click cancel download, it says it will restart the system, and when it restart it tries again to download software. So I'm having a loop and I can no more use it.

Oh and the system is continuously rebooting, even with engine off and no keys.

If any one can help me make the system back to a usable state.
I have exactly the same model as in the #72 post:
Hardware is 39 and software is 151

shane hartshorn

Sep 16, 2018
Has it gone to a blue screen that's says something like emergency download update?
What software was you on and updating To?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

TwiterZX

Oct 10, 2018
Has it gone to a blue screen that's says something like emergency download update?
What software was you on and updating To?
No blue screen, and no emergency download update. It just tries to download the software from the sd card I think.
The original version is 151, the downloaded file says version 480.
Here are pictures of the information, and the errors I have.

Attachments

• system_info.jpeg
    system_info.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 195
  • update_error_1.jpeg
    update_error_1.jpeg
    429.5 KB · Views: 194
  • update_eror_2.jpeg
    update_eror_2.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

shane hartshorn

Sep 16, 2018
Did you use a class 10 SD card and did you format it to fat32. You'll probably need a free software to format it as windows can't format it to fat32

shane hartshorn

Sep 16, 2018
Could try downloading software again or finding another source in case it corrupted when downloading. Failing that find the 151 software and try reinstalling that

shane hartshorn

Sep 16, 2018
When I tried to format my SD card originally it gave me exFAT and NTFS only. So had to download a software.
Maybe it was just my laptop lol

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
When I tried to format my SD card originally it gave me exFAT and NTFS only. So had to download a software.

That is strange, I've just put a 32gb class 10 card in my laptop and went to format and it show FAT32 as the default option.

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018

You can still use command prompt to format in FAT32 in Windows 10
Right click your windows button and choose Command prompt or Command prompt(Admin)
Type the following at the prompt:
format /FS:FAT32 X:
Hit the enter button and answer the confirmation dialog with "Y" for yes or "N" for no.
This is a command for a long full format. If you want a Quick Format, you will have to use the appropriate switch if it is still available.

shane hartshorn

Sep 16, 2018
Will the 8" screen work with mib2 std or does it need to high.
Also of if purchase the high system how do I make sure I don't lose any functions once it's been unlocked by seat.

TwiterZX

Oct 10, 2018
I'm sure I saw somewhere that using MAC os sometimes causes problems with these kind of updates, I think mac adds some files to the SD card..
Try using a PC to do it.
Well, I tried with SD card 16GB FAT32 formatted from windows, and also with a USB 8GB FAT32 formatted from Windows.
Still looping, downloading software, failing, then rebooting alone.
The cancel button on top right does not work.

Does any one knows at least how to stop the update? I just want it to get back to its original version.
Thanks for your help guys.

shane hartshorn

Sep 16, 2018
Only thing I can suggest is to find another link for your download or down load a previous firmware and try that.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise