SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

bifadonnet

Jan 7, 2017
If you have any autoscan data taken by a diagnoistic tool before the update, you can find it there. Or go and ask dealer they can check it in database. I think there is not any other way to find it.

I do not have any autoscan. The car is out of warranty so I do not prefer to go to dealer unless I am sure that there is not any other solution. Can you help me to find the information ?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Just done my update on MIB1 with probably first version of SW (151) updated to 480. Simple true the USB Disk. So this unit can be updated also update took around 1hour. after update software verification need to be done with diagnostic (vcds, obdeleven)

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
noticeable improvements for me:
faster route calculation
different graphics for parking
not any more loosing connection with my xperia z5 over Bluetooth
faster navigation start
better voice control
faster Bluetooth connection with phone
better usb disk support

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
noticeable improvements for me:
faster route calculation
different graphics for parking
not any more loosing connection with my xperia z5 over Bluetooth
faster navigation start
better voice control
faster Bluetooth connection with phone
better usb disk support

Sounds good, fancy doing mine for me?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Its simple you can do it by yourself :whistle: and if you need do the coding after update i don't mine to do it for you as favor:)

Last edited:

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Just done my update on MIB1 with probably first version of SW (151) updated to 480. Simple true the USB Disk. So this unit can be updated also update took around 1hour. after update software verification need to be done with diagnostic (vcds, obdeleven)

Is this true for MIB-II also, that it takes an hour :blink: and you need to do something (what?) with obd11?

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
There is two different file one for MIB1 other for MIB2 after that you need to coding software version in unit everything you find in Spanish forum couple page back

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Copy from spanish forum

Mib1 - Screen 5.8 "
version update: 0480 (Last version compatible with the device)
equipment compatible with this update: MIB 1GEN 5.8" HW: 041 FW: 0425

Download the file from:
Drive --- https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxJGznK3NRXVRGRFWlJwaDhjNlU

Unzip the file. The final structure should be as follows:
Folder: SEAT_NAV_SSB
Folder: SEAT_PLUS_SSB
File: metainfo2.txt

Copy the two folders and file on an SD card Class 10 8GB (If the slowest car been use, the update can be longer, with Class 10 takes about 40 minutes)

Update method MIB1 5.8 "
1) Use SD 8GB at least and to be Class 10 (much faster)
2) Format the SD card in FAT32
3) Copy the data on the SD card (All folders and TXT file should be at the root of the card)
4) Insert the SD card into the player SD1 glove.
5) Put the car ignition (not start the engine under any circumstances or turning off the Infotainment)
6) Press the Menu button on the Infotainment and hold until you exit the service menu.
7) Select SW Update and click on Update.
8) Wait for the system to give us a Update Update message and confirm.
9) We connect the diagnosis device (Vagcom, OBDeleven, etc.) and perform a Scan.
10) Erase all faults.

On my car i start up the engine before run the update due to cold weather i wouldn't finished with flat battery. I used for flash USB disk 3.0 16GB
My hardware is 39 and software was 151
One screenshot from update
w2j4ll.jpg

Last edited:

maistru

Jan 26, 2017
Bucharest,Romania
Hello!

On my Leon FR Full Link is deactivated, I have to pay to dealer in order to activate it.
My question, mainly for @ysfdncr:

If I buy update from e-bay link, from @ysfdncr, the Full Link will became active, or should I still address to dealer?

Thanks!

By the way

Device part number: 5QA035824
Hardware: H24
Software: 0245

Media codec: 2101.0.0.10

Last edited:

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Hello!

On my Leon FR Full Link is deactivated, I have to pay to dealer in order to activate it.
My question, mainly for @ysfdncr:

If I buy update from e-bay link, from @ysfdncr, the Full Link will became active, or should I still address to dealer?

Thanks!

By the way

Device part number: 5QA035824
Hardware: H24
Software: 0245

Media codec: 2101.0.0.10
That's what I was talking about. Please contact me via pm. I think I can help you

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Full link can be activated true service menu on unit don't waste time with dealer they will charge you fortune for this