SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Upgraded my MIB1 system last night with the instructions in post #72, had a few codes to clear after but there is still one code that I cannot clear

B201A00

Anyone else run into this issue?

darkstar815

Aug 6, 2015
Trouble codes:
B201A00 - Checking software version management
static

this is the code that you need to use the hex calculator to get rid of here are the instructions from the other forum

We enter the 5F
Adaptations
Confirmation of installation change
We copy the value that shows us (XXXX)
We use a calculator that has XOR ( Bitwise calculator for example)
In hexadecimal we put the value that we have.
We give XOR.
We put these values ​​C9D2 and give the = symbol to calculate it.
The value that you put us, we put in Confirmation of the modification of assembly and We accept.
After accepting we will see that the value has not changed with respect to what we had at the beginning. IT IS NORMAL.
If you do it with VagCom leave a space between. (XX XX) when inserting it again.
Once done, do the scan again and clear the bug definitively.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Trouble codes:
B201A00 - Checking software version management
static

this is the code that you need to use the hex calculator to get rid of here are the instructions from the other forum

We enter the 5F
Adaptations
Confirmation of installation change
We copy the value that shows us (XXXX)
We use a calculator that has XOR ( Bitwise calculator for example)
In hexadecimal we put the value that we have.
We give XOR.
We put these values ​​C9D2 and give the = symbol to calculate it.
The value that you put us, we put in Confirmation of the modification of assembly and We accept.
After accepting we will see that the value has not changed with respect to what we had at the beginning. IT IS NORMAL.
If you do it with VagCom leave a space between. (XX XX) when inserting it again.
Once done, do the scan again and clear the bug definitively.

Thanks for this.
Any ideas how to use the XOR calculator correctly?
Current value is 88F7, however there are 2 inputs on all the calculators I have found.

Trying to split it into 88 and 7F only resulted in a output of F7, which the system did not accept when I tried to apply the value.

darkstar815

Aug 6, 2015
Thanks for this.
Any ideas how to use the XOR calculator correctly?
Current value is 88F7, however there are 2 inputs on all the calculators I have found.

Trying to split it into 88 and 7F only resulted in a output of F7, which the system did not accept when I tried to apply the value.

I have used the XOR calculator if all correct the code you need to input should be 88f7 if you are inputting it using OBDELEVEN then you do not need to put in a space

Last edited:

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
I have used the XOR calculator if all correct the code you need to input should be 88f7 if you are inputting it using OBDELEVEN then you do not need to put in a space

Sorry, should've been a little clearer.
Photos below show the XOR calculator I'm using.

ebAsp2W.png

OBDEleven doesn't accept "7F" as a valid value

84n9u4a.png

Cannot have just 1 input

darkstar815

Aug 6, 2015
The output of the XOR calculator should be entered into the fault code

so in number one put the code within the error

In number 2 put in C9D2

press xor

the output you are given needs to be entered in via vcds or obdeleven

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
The output of the XOR calculator should be entered into the fault code

so in number one put the code within the error

In number 2 put in C9D2

press xor

the output you are given needs to be entered in via vcds or obdeleven

Like so?
rd7cBNu.png

Will give this a go now.

darkstar815

Aug 6, 2015
number one should be the current value not the error code number so i can see you posted the current value of 88F7

So 88f7 should be number 1

and number 2 should be C9D2

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Just did mine today and all appears fine. Faults cleared with obdeleven but not checked for sw version mgt error. Ran out of time so just cleared codes and tested HU. All seems a little slicker when navigating round the various functions.
a9c26f8dc616ec2648017c1a38063ca2.jpg

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Not long Andy. Approx 10 mins per update. 0330 is a precursor to 0346. Once done scan and clear error codes and you will e golden. I should scan again to check for 0155 error and update xor value if present. I ran out of time when updating and only scanned and cleared codes once per update.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Not long Andy. Approx 10 mins per update. 0330 is a precursor to 0346. Once done scan and clear error codes and you will e golden. I should scan again to check for 0155 error and update xor value if present. I ran out of time when updating and only scanned and cleared codes once per update.

The software on my 2013 car is 0171, will I have to run other updates before I do the 0480 one?

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Not sure. Maybe yours is a mib1 HU as I only went to 0346?
Have a read of pg 41 of the clubseatleon.net thread as it gives step by step guide on update process. This is where I got info on 0330 precursor to 0346 update for mib2 HU.

Last edited: