[swap] Tdi 90 -> Tdi 150

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Same shell and basic running gear so possible but a bit pointless though really when you take into account the cost of doing it with the labour and changing the car documents plus insurance etc. I would have thought it would be a lot quicker,cheaper,easier and a lot less hassle ( since this sort of thing never goes to plan ) just to sell the 90 and get a 150 with all the extras that come with it.

johnyardley

umm i think it might be a good idea

Hi,
Well, the answer depends on what yr going to use the car for.
I think if you, or a mate know what your doing, and buy a cheap enough engine ( i c 170 bhp engine on ebay for 900) and you use it as a 2nd car for track days, 1/4 mile drag etc it would be fantastic.

John

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Rethinking this for a millisecond made me remember the clutch and gearbox would have to be changed as well. Does the 90 come with ESP or traction control etc since this will all have to be mapped out or solved some how. Plus the car will basically be unsaleable afterwards so basically a total no brainer really.

johnyardley

Hi,

Yes I agree but I just love the idea of a sleeper!
btw did you see the 5 cylinder racing bora tdi, and allards race car on racecarsdirect.com?

John

johnyardley

It would be the t/r 5 from a transporter/ toareg inline pd 5 cylinder

John

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise