Swap to big infotainment screen

AndreasSweden

Jan 11, 2019
Stockholm Sweden
hi!
Has anyone tried to swap to the big infotainment screen and if so was there alot of coding to do?
I’m thinking that the swap should trigger some kind of theft protection so that the dealer need to be involved.
Any ideas?

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
I´m thinking to buy one to my ibiza it came with a 5" screen. I think if you take off the radio, and plug it again, it will ask you a code.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
You must take the plastic that covers the cockpit off and than you will see in the top of the radio 2 small holes you must insert tolls like this.

Styling-4-Pcs-Pin-Ferramenta-Chave-de-Remo-o-de-R-dio-Est-reo-do-carro.jpg_640x640.jpg

AndreasSweden

Jan 11, 2019
Stockholm Sweden
I checked with my father in law he’s a v.a.g tech and he said that even if the bigger screen would fit it could still need another type of connector and also some coding. It would still be nice to try!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
My concern with those units is that the stock unit controls a lot of the car's setup. Not sure if those Chinese Android units can deal with that stuff, even just things like changing the clock.

The bigger 8" unit has a control box in the glovebox (contains the CD Player and the SD readers too). Don't think the 5" unit has that- I know the smaller units on the Polo and Fabia are self-contained without stuff in the glovebox.

The 8" units can be thought of as being like a desktop PC, having a separate monitor with the actual computer part of the system in the glove box, while the smaller 5" units are more like an all-in-one like a tablet or laptop.

Reactions: Jaco2k

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
After some weighting I will exchange my radio 5 "for a 9" android.
I know I'm going to lose some features of the car.
I would like to know your opinion and advices, thanks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.