swapping inlet manifold from left to right?

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
any one know of any problems that may come from swapping the inlet manifold on my leon cupra (currently inlet pipe is on the left of the engine bay) to one from a cupra R, or ibiza cupra etc (still small port) so the inlet pipe comess from the right of the engine bay.

the reason for this is in the future, performance reasons, i want a single pass FMIC. it looks like the forge kits for the LC are twin pass and the LCR kit is single pass. id rather fit the single pass system.

any problems, anyone done it? any reasons why i shouldnt?

mark

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
brake vacuum lines, possibley some wiring changes (DBW throttle)

Then just find some LCR intake pipes.

In all honesty, if you want an FMIC, the Forge twin pass works as well as any other. You might be creating work for no reason?

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
thakns,

yes, i knew someone would ask something along those lines. im going to fit a larger turbo (ko4 based) at some point (before i get it mapped obviously) and i was thinking the twin pass works fine with ko3 based turbos, but would it be ok with larger?

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
Copra said:
thakns,

yes, i knew someone would ask something along those lines. im going to fit a larger turbo (ko4 based) at some point (before i get it mapped obviously) and i was thinking the twin pass works fine with ko3 based turbos, but would it be ok with larger?

James from JBS has a Forge twin pass on his Octy with over 400bhp as does EddyH who will also be over 400bhp when mapped.
I also have the same IC on my K03s car and its a good piece of kit, works really well.