Swapping Inlet Manifold How Hard is It?

B3LSY

wanna swap my inlet manifold over for my new powder coated one how hard is it? an how long would it take?should i change the gaskets?:confused:

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
i changed my gasket, its easy, take your time, dont forget there are a couple of pipes under the manny to take off, and also a bolt under the right hand side holding the manny up,

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You might need to change the seals on the injectors too as have read a post recently about these not being easy to get out and better to have a spare set. PM Phillc, he has fitted a BAM to his LC, I'm sure he could help you with this

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
You might need to change the seals on the injectors too

Not the seals, the seats. :)

(as shown fitted)
InletMani2.jpg

B3LSY

do you have to take the injectors out when changing the manifold?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yup, these will need to be fitted into your new manifold. I would suggest your renew all seals and seats but I'm a bit anal about these things.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
RED, is where the injectors are bolted to
BLUE is where the engine cover mounts are bolted
YELLOW is where pipes go, 2 under the manny
PINK is where there is a bolt to hold the manny up,

you will also have to disconect a wire that runs to the block in between the manny,

hope that helps
InletMani2.jpg

B3LSY

there is another pipe in the middle isnt there on the under side?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Same, yes (well, similar enough that it makes no difference).

It would be worth fitting an insulating gasket if you don't already have one.

Make sure you give the top of the manifold and all the nooks and crannies a good clean, they tend to fill up with grit which then falls straight into the intake ports if you're not careful...

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
i also found on my wheels after powdercoat that they were tight then when they got hot the bolts where a bit looser, found out then i should of cleaned them out first,

might be worth cutting the PC of where it bolts on,

B3LSY

the injector seats that are in the manifold are they there just to hold them in or are they set at a depth?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I would say because there called seats there there to space them correctly. I don't know nuffink about it but it makes sense. But they will also allow these to be held with the seals fitted aswell

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Suppose you could, I wouldn't.
As long as you can remove these and check to see there not perished or damaged and replaec these with some light grease on them then they should be fine to re use.
I'm a hydraulics engineer, we never reuse old seals, your just asking for these to fail on you.
And for all rthe price of them

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise