System touch removal

robbie1412

does anybody know how to remove a media system touch / colour from a 63 plate Leon? I can see slots for keys at the bottom but nothing else. There are similar slots between the radio and sound push buttons, but it seems a strange place and dont really want to go poking about in there in case there is a circuit board behind ?

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
does anybody know how to remove a media system touch / colour from a 63 plate Leon? I can see slots for keys at the bottom but nothing else. There are similar slots between the radio and sound push buttons, but it seems a strange place and dont really want to go poking about in there in case there is a circuit board behind ?

You need the four flat vw radio removal, they go in those slots. I'll post a picture up later as can't post from a phone for some reason, which is annoying as I have all the photos on it from when I removed mine
Its the newer ones you want, although the older keys will work if you use care

Why do you need it out, you do know its just a screen, nothing else so no danger of damaging anything behind with the radio removal keks

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Have a look here for what's behind the panel (its the standard system, not the media plus).

Last edited:

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Have a look here for what's behind the panel (its the standard system, not the media plus).

Slightly off topic, looking at this made me think back to a time when you used to get dodgy characters going around pubs trying to sell "second hand" car stereos from a holdall.

You'd have a bugger of a time trying to do that these days if you need to take half the dashboard! :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.