T piece causing chattering?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
ive just recently installed my gauges everything working ok now :) apart from T piece, with the T piece on i get a chatter when changing gears! so i thought id take it off and try with just the vacum pipe on the dump valve and that was fine just got a woosh from the DV, im sure ive got it intalled properly:confused: i am right in thinking the T piece`s rubber part at the bottom goes over the nipple on top if the dump valve where the vac hose usually goes? then you connect the vac hose and boost pipe to either side of the T piece? :confused:

David.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Mine looks like this if it helps, the clear pipe goes to the boost gauge:

PA120006.jpg

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Yes that does mate did you add abit of vac hose for the T piece to be in the middle? at the moment ive got the black end where your Boost pipe is, mines actully on top of the DV nipple :confused: and the boost pipe and vaccum hose in wither side of the T,

Why isnt this simple to me lol :confused:

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Copy mine and you shouldn't have any problems. I did add a bit of pipe, but it doesn't need to be exactly in the middle.
The old vac pipe from the original dv to the N249 was knackered so I replaced it with 3mm i.d. silicone vac hose from Forge.
If you use 3mm, you won't need any cable ties or clips to hold the vac pipe in place. I have now removed that metal clip where the blue vac pipe fastens to the N249 after doing the N249 bypass.

Also if your boost pipe isn't sealing correctly against the back of the boost gauge this may also cause the chattering, as the vac will just suck in air from your leaking boost pipe instead of opening the dv.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.