t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
If you're on about swapping the leather bits of the door card, they are **** to do, tbh you'll probably need to plastic weld them back in, and be CAREFUL when you take the leather ones out, try and not drill the holes, as I battered my FR ones, but luckily I practiced on them first, drill went straight through lol. I'd suggest you practice on the lcr ones as they will have no resale value any way. Mine are held in with aluminium tape and grip fill for the moment, until I can be bothered to weld them in.

Cheers for the info mate :) Will be worth the hassle once they're in!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
You could always spray them black to match :confused:

Not sure how it would turn out lol, but a good suggestion :)

Going to speak to someone else about the door cards tomorrow as well, but in no massive rush to get them on, want them to be done right and not feel cheap and bodged after.

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Not sure how it would turn out lol, but a good suggestion :)

Going to speak to someone else about the door cards tomorrow as well, but in no massive rush to get them on, want them to be done right and not feel cheap and bodged after.

Joshy who posted earlier has sprayed his pillars etc. and they came out good from the photos. Worth a go and if its looks crap then go back to plan A :D

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I wouldn't go down the paint route to be honest, I'd be to worried that I'd scuff the paint with my foot when getting in and out the car in tight spaces. Like you say mate, have a think about the options and take your time with them and I'm sure they'll turn out spot on.

I'll send you a link later to the stuff I used to glue my front grill together, it may be worth a look as it's really strong and acts as a filler at the same time.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
I found some plastic dye last night that would do the trick, it sinks into the plastic so you don't have any worries about scuffing the top layer off. Can't find the link on google atm, but products like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wurth-Plastic-Plast-PT-75ml-Black/dp/B002Y9BEEQ and http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plasticar...ssories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3a7ff2802e do the same job.

The Plasticare stuff is popular with the Civic folk as Honda plastics are grey as standard, and this turns them black. :)

Also means that with careful application you could make the doorcards black without having to worry about splitting them etc - I want to do the same thing with mine as I'm fed up of the grey doorcards with the leather!

Last edited:

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I wouldn't go down the paint route to be honest, I'd be to worried that I'd scuff the paint with my foot when getting in and out the car in tight spaces. Like you say mate, have a think about the options and take your time with them and I'm sure they'll turn out spot on.

I'll send you a link later to the stuff I used to glue my front grill together, it may be worth a look as it's really strong and acts as a filler at the same time.

I agree not to go down the paint route to be honest, it isn't anywhere near as hard as the oem black finish, and will scuff.

Can you post the link on here please dude, as I'm going to do the big mouth grill conversion on my bumper.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
I found some plastic dye last night that would do the trick, it sinks into the plastic so you don't have any worries about scuffing the top layer off. Can't find the link on google atm, but products like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wurth-Plastic-Plast-PT-75ml-Black/dp/B002Y9BEEQ and http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plasticar...ssories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3a7ff2802e do the same job.

The Plasticare stuff is popular with the Civic folk as Honda plastics are grey as standard, and this turns them black. :)

Also means that with careful application you could make the doorcards black without having to worry about splitting them etc - I want to do the same thing with mine as I'm fed up of the grey doorcards with the leather!

Ive used vinyl dye paint in the link below before and although its tougher then regular prime\paint, it does still come off if somethings rubbing on it. Seen often on ebay for about £140 complete black roof linings with all the roof trimmings, seals and pillar trims etc

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_173967_langId_-1_categoryId_165495

breaking on ebay with black interior for £150
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-leon...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3381089625

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cheers for the info people, appreciated :)

I don't use the car a lot so could try painting the door cards as I can't see them getting scratched/scuffed often, but at the same time I don't want them to scratch easily at any point tbh so long term the better option is to swap them over the the LCR one's. Will try sort this out sometime soon.

Tomorrow I've got a fair few things to do to get the car ready for the SCN AmD rr day on Sunday, which should be a good morning out as always, I'm busy in the afternoon so won't be there all day.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk

I don't use the car a lot so could try painting the door cards as I can't see them getting scratched/scuffed often, but at the same time I don't want them to scratch easily at any point tbh so long term the better option is to swap them over the the LCR one's. Will try sort this out sometime soon.

Tomorrow I've got a fair few things to do to get the car ready for the SCN AmD rr day on Sunday, which should be a good morning out as always, I'm busy in the afternoon so won't be there all day.

What time you there until?

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh

I'm going to get some of the dye from my other post, will let you know how I get on with it.

Planning to do the doorcards and the bottom half of the dashboard, hoping for a good result from it going by the reviews etc. With it being a dye instead of paint it should be a lot more durable - if it gets scratched it shouldn't show the original colour underneath :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I'm going to get some of the dye from my other post, will let you know how I get on with it.

Planning to do the doorcards and the bottom half of the dashboard, hoping for a good result from it going by the reviews etc. With it being a dye instead of paint it should be a lot more durable - if it gets scratched it shouldn't show the original colour underneath :)

Nice one mate.

When are you planning on doing this, anytime soon? Will have to keep an eye on how you get on with it.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Pre AmD rr day jobs got started tonight to maximise time tomorrow lol :) Dead pleased with how this has turned out to look. Give me a month or so and the car will have a major new look also :D

E1CAB2B8-B028-4325-A2E1-DD670E05E579-862-0000006F76E49D65_zps5681a00d.jpg

Half complete
B1A3B382-C93D-47F2-992D-13B9DBA7E088-862-0000006F81049001_zps10c6111f.jpg

Done
D4A1FA2A-2374-4F9C-A12E-441F7015F6E6-862-0000006F8A070572_zpsc10e2779.jpg

9CDECDE9-FA3E-4207-8049-CF38D9BABE1E-862-0000006F97492AA5_zps63e3beeb.jpg

B39FB8F8-D472-46C9-85C8-DFC00DE53DF9-862-0000006F920C7479_zps16c42679.jpg

4F006920-B4F5-46B6-A9BE-90CAAE8D588D-862-0000006FB9F5A083_zpsa654b526.jpg

Cheers to Dan and Beck for helping me out with these, I don't have much patience which isn't good for tinting lights lol.

The car is soooooo filthy :ban: I cannot wait to clean it up tomorrow! Few other bits to do plus give the engine bay a going over then all ready for the trip to AmD on Sunday morning. Looking like a big old meet should be good fun with the usual gang and more!

Last edited:

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
Love the look of the lights mate. What tint was used on them? I'm thinkin of doin my fronts but may do the fly eyes on mine,

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Love the look of the lights mate. What tint was used on them? I'm thinkin of doin my fronts but may do the fly eyes on mine,

flyeyes is good, cheap, easy to apply if you ever need to change it from damage etc.

like the lights. ive just got these but more clear then red. plan is to tint them.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise