t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I'd be happy with that result they look good figures to me. Have AMD re calibrated there rollers?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
So taking the shims out increased performance? You did put them into the inside of the piston, not the body of the valve, didn't you? ;)

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I'd be happy with that result they look good figures to me. Have AMD re calibrated there rollers?

As james.l is nearly the same at bills and AMD now I'd say so!

Like Tom said though as long as it puts a smile on your face then numbers are just pub talk

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
No idea if they've changed anything on their rollers guys you're asking the wrong person.

In other news, tonight on full WOT one of my coilpacks decided to die! I wonder if this has been on it's way out for a while... Hmm. I've had LCR's for nearly 7 years now and this is the first one to go on me. My spark plugs are overdue a change now and I've noticed for a few months the car has been firing up a lot slower than previously so she's due a freshen up defo now. New plugs and coilpacks plus usual full service bits to do.

Sounds like a Subaru now. JOY...

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Sucks mate. Happened to me when on WOT, bloody cars!!

Not having great luck lately are we mate...

It will change soon I'm sure :) At least the cars are looking good. Yours still looked very tidy earlier when I popped by.

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
Bloody coilpacks, I had 3 go in the space of a week.:ban:

What are you going to do t0m, replace with OE or upgrade to the 2.0L coilpacks while you're doing it?

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Bloody coilpacks, I had 3 go in the space of a week.:ban:

What are you going to do t0m, replace with OE or upgrade to the 2.0L coilpacks while you're doing it?

This is my first coilpack failure in 7 years of LCR ownership mate, think I've done alright up to now when I read other people's stories about them going so often.

I've ordered a set of red ECS TFSI coilpacks and bolt down adapters and they're getting sent out today. Gotta get rid of this Subaru noise the car is making asap :ban:

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
Coil packs is next on my list mate, does the wiring need changing when you change to the tfsi coil packs? I know about the adaptors just curios about the wiring?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Coil packs is next on my list mate, does the wiring need changing when you change to the tfsi coil packs? I know about the adaptors just curios about the wiring?

I think the earlier 1.8T's are the one's where the wiring needs changing not the 225 variants so it should be a straight fit.

If they arrive tomorrow I'll have a go at fitting tomorrow night and will let you know mate.

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
That's where I'm worries as mine is a 210 amk block? Mine are the push down coil packs and not the bolt down ones? Mines one of the last 210's I think?

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
That's where I'm worries as mine is a 210 amk block? Mine are the push down coil packs and not the bolt down ones? Mines one of the last 210's I think?

I've got TFSI coilpacks fitted on my 03 AMK and they're a straight swap.

Last edited:

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
That's good to kno, I may of found another way to get the spacers cheaper, they do a plastic one direct from vw that I think will fit and I think they are about £2-3 each.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Yeah you just need to trim the the VAG spacers slightly to fit. There's a few people over on ASN that don't bother with spacers at all.

JamJay

California Bound
Hi Tom,

From what I remember I could/it was safe to still drive my car with two coilpacks that popped; it was only under load they'd start making the engine misfire. Are yours rough even when idling? I mention in case you have anywhere to be and feel that you have no transport.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent

I've got TFSI coilpacks fitted on my 03 AMK and they're a straight swap.

Yeah as said above, straight fit W11TX, should have no issues if you get a set.

Hi Tom,

From what I remember I could/it was safe to still drive my car with two coilpacks that popped; it was only under load they'd start making the engine misfire. Are yours rough even when idling? I mention in case you have anywhere to be and feel that you have no transport.

Hi Jay,

Mine is driveable, but very rough and as I don't need it for commuting it's not too big a deal with it being out of action for a few days :) It's rough on idle also. Vagcom says cylinder 2 so looks like I have 3 ok spares, but these are 1.8T oem's and not TFSI so I might order another oem one to make a full set one day if needed.

I've probably got some used spares you can use in the interim?

Cheers for the offer mate, but my new one's are coming tomorrow and I don't need the car tonight so all good. Should have them fitted tomorrow night.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.