t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leon1600s

Once a 1600, now an LCR
Sep 17, 2011
Berkshire
Really well mate :) Pushed them in the wet and dry now and I've been very impressed with the grip levels. Road noise is good too.

I got a set of vreds recently too and the reduced road noise was the first thing I noticed! Massive difference from the cheap tat that was on before!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
This looks really impressive mate, loads of time and effort spent on it. Giving me lots of ideas too so thanks. :)

*subscribed*

Cheers mate :)

Glad it's inspiring others.

I got a set of vreds recently too and the reduced road noise was the first thing I noticed! Massive difference from the cheap tat that was on before!

I had Toyo Proxes before and the road noise is definitely reduced with these! Great tyre.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
How would you compare the grip levels between the two tyres fella?

The Vreds definitely have a bit more grip in the wet.

I can't fully comment in the dry as it's not been warm enough yet to compare to the Proxes once hot. The Vreds have been very good so far in the dry though. I'd say it was worth the change trying them out as I've always gone for Toyo's in the past.

Won't go wrong with either but I think the Vreds offer a bit more, and a bit less road noise. Toyo's are also quite a soft compound compared to others so tend to wear a little quicker if you do a fair bit of mileage.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Not really an update but I've been sick since the weekend with tonsilitis and sinusitits in an unlucky double hit, and was meant to be at AmD today but I'm still all over the show so I've re-booked for next Thursday to get the car raised a good height now and aligned after.

I'm also getting them to check the car over as it's down on power and I'm not sure where, she seems airtight, I've done all hoses I can get to but will check over the turbo connection and top one aswell. Who knows, but I want them to check it out for me as they know it inside out.

I've also got an ABS pressure sensor fault at the moment but my mate who also has worked on my car does these so I'll see what AmD say and the price and then go from there.

I'm not saying I'm breaking the car, but with my week off I've started work on a list of parts/mods on my car which I will total up at an average/realistic price I can get for them. I'm more curious than anything at this stage as it's never been totalled up. I think I'm going to cry.... Lol. :(

I can't say if/when I'd sell/break it at the minute but buying a house of a good standard could end my time with the car. Please don't message me about the seats as someone has had first refusal on them if I break it up.

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Hope you feel better soon fella.

Until I read the last paragraph I was going to say keep me in mind for the seats if you do break it :cartman: would be a shame to break it but defiantly worth more money that way.

L14M H

Dec 7, 2013
No don't break it. You'll regret it. If you do you'll be one very busy man selling all those top parts!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Tom, Tom, Tom... :(

I totally understand where you're coming from, but once in your new pad, you'll be pining for it :cry:

Make sure your PM box is empty before the bombardment :D

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I hate to tell you this but the market for breaking has really dropped out, its now full of idiots who everything for nothing
Although selling your decent mods on is easy, lots of parts take a long time/don't sell
Youd be better returning it to standard and selling if this is the case
Do however have a good think about getting rid as the leon isn't expensive to run or maintain and think you might regret as the money youd free up for a deposit wont be as much as you think (been there and thought about it)
Finally you should never workout how much a project car owes you, its better not to know

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Finally you should never workout how much a project car owes you, its better not to know

Couldn't agree more :D

Tom you know what I think of getting rid, yes you would have nice little wedge in your back pocket but once you start buying houses, £5-6k dont go very far.
Also knowing you I dout it would be long before you wanted another car so you'll probably end up spending that money on a lesser car

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cheers for the comments guys, all noted :)

Just about feeling myself again after illness and am going to hopefully finish the list today as I've had migraines all week and couldn't face the laptop, very lame.. I might even start the car up today as it's done nothing for a week.

Had a few pm's already since the other day when I mentioned the word breaking, lol.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cleaned it this afternoon and do wonder where I'm gona find it in me to break it. Still looks mint IMO :p

by6ytuma.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Got the car raised 15mm all round today and laser aligned at AmD as the ride was just too harsh and starting to pi$$ me off on our roads. Doesn't help with a fully polybushed chassis either but it's much better now :) Takes the bumps well now and feels like an all round much more useable car lol.

Also got them to fit my forge brake vacuum hose today too... I think my original one might have been a bit shagged though as it has made my boost gauge vacuum hose connection to the underside of the manifold pop off... I didn't notice till I got closer to my girlfriends on the way home but it was chattering off boost. Was too late to go back to AmD so I had a quick look and after ruling some things out I found the t-piece connection under the manifold had split.

When I get the car back to mine tomorrow afternoon I'll have a look for some vacuum hosing in my garage to see if I can fix it this weekend or I'll need to order some more. It's cleanly broken off and left about 10mm of vacuum pipe on the manifold port... Right pita to get to and fiddly but I'm sure new hose and a cable tie will sort it :p

Think this is broken :rolleyes:

New comfy ride height :D

Hopefully fixed soon and boosting hard again..

Last edited:

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Still pop on here to look at the 'good ones' this just looks so right. Don't break it you will regret it.

As I've found unless you have 8-10k to spend you be hard pushed to replace it for the practicality and performance these buggers have

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good to see your back to these sorts of updates t0m :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, I still love the thing just want her to behave :)

Still pop on here to look at the 'good ones' this just looks so right. Don't break it you will regret it.

As I've found unless you have 8-10k to spend you be hard pushed to replace it for the practicality and performance these buggers have

Thanks mate, I added up the parts if I broke it and don't think it's worth it. It'll probably stay for a while yet!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Small update, the boost leak is now fixed and she's pulling hard again. Where the vac pipe t's off under my manifold to the port on the left hand side some of the pcv pipes had rubbed through it so I've re-located those pipes so they don't rub anymore now the new vac pipe is fitted :) I re-fitted the forge brake servo hose and everything is tight as a nuns chuff now :cartman: Did a vagcom scan and reset the TB while I was at it.

Jonathan Phang also recently moved on from his lcr and he sent this to me which was nice of him so I've got a new tax disc holder aswell.

I might go back out this afternoon and service the 008 dv and maybe take the throttle body off and clean that up with carb cleaner.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.