t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

Fry over black or high power silver wheel refurb?

• Fry over black wheel colour

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • High power silver wheel colour

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Plot twist - she stays.

Yep, the car in short is now staying. Had enough of messers asking about the car or saying they are coming to see it, only to be told they don't have the money the night before I have planned for them to come see it. I can't be a$$ed with it and the car has needed some tlc so I've decided to do what's best for the car and keep her, then get it back to where I want it.

So what's been happening, well I swapped seats with DK as he's always wanted the Konigs. They couldn't have gone to a better home.

And these are now in mine.

Some small boost leaks have been sorted, first one was the t-piece under the inlet manifold which decided to snap where it goes off to the manifold while going down the motorway :rolleyes:

Gave the rest of the hoses in the bay a check over for tightness aswell.

Newer tougher t-piece went in.

Next was a tear where this small hose onto the top of the throttle body goes. I put it down to me overtightening so a new one was cut and installed, all sorted.

The car has felt a bit hesitant from cold and I felt it was running rough which pointed at the CTS playing up. I had a green one fitted but it wasn't a genuine one and from ebay a few years ago... so I emailed Dave at Sere Motors and got a genuine green one ordered which arrived real quickly. Fitted it yesterday and she feels silky smooth again. So take note guys, just cos it's green doesn't mean it's going to last forever if it's from ebay at least...

And last of all some of you know I sold off my jabba heatshield and filter setup due to the selling plans, well since deciding to keep the car I went and got a new setup, a Ramair shield and filter, all comes as a kit. The airbox with pipercross filter felt pretty good but higher up the gears I felt the box was choking it a bit, and the Ramair has certainly got her breathing better again at top end WOT :D

Plans for now? Keep working at it to get it where I want it. I want to raise it for a better ride/handling purposes, and get the cambelt/waterpump/stat done again as it's not far off being due now.

Potential future mods? Yeah there is some in the pipeline which can keep me from getting bored.. :)

Long term if I am going to keep it that long? Engine rebuild 100%... and BT setup likely.

It's nice to be back.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
The warmer weather can't come soon enough! Really pleased for you Tom, and for D.K. I'm sure you'll both spare each other on, although it looks as if you'll be going with different agendas to one another, which isn't a bad thing!

I still think there's very little that can match or beat the LCR for value and potential. Would be nice to see a 2.0l TFSI in a Mk1 Tom!!!

Keep us updated mate :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
The warmer weather can't come soon enough! Really pleased for you Tom, and for D.K. I'm sure you'll both spare each other on, although it looks as if you'll be going with different agendas to one another, which isn't a bad thing!

I still think there's very little that can match or beat the LCR for value and potential. Would be nice to see a 2.0l TFSI in a Mk1 Tom!!!

Keep us updated mate :)

Tell me about it mate, I was born in the summer which is why I find winter such a struggle I think :cry:
Haha, yeah I think Darren is pleased! Two different routes for sure, mine will continue to be more about go than show..

Hmm TFSI ideas still burn at the back of my mind.. I'm going to be speaking to some people about it soon who can help me make some decisions for the future.. will let you know how that pans out :)

Last edited:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
that's good news Tom, these are great cars when running well. Truth is our cars are worth a lot more than the measly money we can get for them.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
that's good news Tom, these are great cars when running well. Truth is our cars are worth a lot more than the measly money we can get for them.

I agree mate they are! I've loved driving it again recently which really firmed up my decision to not re-list it for sale. They should go for the same money that S3's and R32's do but the badge means they don't. Silly really!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Quick update.. I got rid of some engine bay bling in the summer as I was working towards selling the car, but now it's staying I've decided to get a few bits together to make the bay more 'me' so I have started by getting rid of the blue coolant/washer caps with the genuine vag ones that come in black. Fitted them tonight as they got here today. The power steering cap will also not be green in the near future as I've ordered another jcaps one in black too..

Also tonight I have fitted a new sfs 80mm tip as unfortunately the one on there had a tear in where the N75 connects to :(

New one in

Took it for a spin and it has made a huge difference. All was going fine until...

'1 Fault Found:
17963 - Charge Pressure: Maximum Limit Exceeded
P1555 - 35-00 - -'

I have checked all the hoses on the tip are connected as they should be and are tight on, everything seems to be as it should, so it looks like the N75 has died looking at audi sport and the tt forums, this seems to cure the code, so it's time to order a new one. I knew fiddling around with this car again would spring the fault codes back into life :happy: Oh well, hopefully that fixes it anyway.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
N75 got posted out today first class, really want it here for the weekend to get the car back on song :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
It's been a couple of months since I last cleaned the car so today I gave it the once over, much better now..

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
bb7f8295957ade6b2c2b27858361957d.jpg

As I sold some of my engine bay bling last year thinking the car would be sold I decided to get some back now I'm keeping it. My Jcaps pas cap cover arrived today in black and looks nicely at home with the red and black theme.

Cambelt water pump and thermostat is next along with fresh MOT and then another years tax at the end of the month. Start of the year always a costly time and insurance not far off in March. I think I need to get a decat back on the car too as I sold that again when I thought I was getting rid of the car.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I've been carrying on with getting back into my old ways with the car and have changed a few bits recently with lots more planned for the months ahead.

I got my Civic Type R EP3 aerial back from Andy Young so that's now back on the car. I also sold my Forge 007 and have now got a 008 on there instead. Sitting in my room is a MK2 LCR 'R' badge which might replace the MK1 badging on the boot soon.

And I have recently just finished tinting my rear lights after missing the darker look. It's fair to say I've gone quite a bit darker than last time..

Well pleased with the outcome. Ordered up some HB 2K clear lacquer spray for them which should be here weds/thurs for me to get them off and go over before I let it out the garage.

Car is running really well at the moment, feels very quick but the milltek decat needs to go back on and replace the sports cat soonish. Also need the car raised and aligned with geometry checked out so will probably be booking into AMD for this soon before the RR meet there on 22nd March.

Oh and I've got a 42 draft catch can coming from Mike Sealey's car very shortly, so that will go on as and when... I have most of the pipework and connections from when I bought them last year.

I think I'm set on keeping this car and it becoming a 2nd car for me providing my job path continues that shouldn't be a problem and ultimately the goal is to get the engine rebuilt top to bottom with the rods done and stick a bigger turbo on it, likely to be a GT28. No need for more on fwd for track hoons. Looking forward to the future for the car now :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise