TA Technixs - Fitting Problems

pauldredge

Oct 4, 2009
Right ive had nothing but problems since getting these and i read good reviews about them but also so bad reviews.... read more bad now ive looked into it more :(

Anyway i fitted these at the weekend had since then had numerous problems with fitting them which now results my car being a garage waiting to be looked at.

From what ive read online about fitting coilovers and ive also fitted some in the past on previous cars i thought it had done it all correctly but obvioulsy not as ive had my actual coilovers pop through my top mount. Not good :(

Before anyone says is what you get for getting cheap **** please spare me words as i know pay for what you get.

I have been reading about fitting them to Ibiza and how people used part of the old standard shock but i was wondering if anyone had fitted them to a Leon and could offer me advice on where i went wrong.

I used the domed metal part that holds the spring on from the coilovers followed by the rubber top mount/bush off standard shock and then screwed it to the metal part in the engine bay.

But im thinking was i supposed to take the part that holds the springs in place on the standard shock and put them on the coilover instead of the domed metal one taht came with the TA Technixs.... Any advice or help would be muchly appricated.

Right now im just thinking of going back standard and forgetting modding the Leon like i told my self id do.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
You need a top bearing on the coilover and under the topmount to stop it all popping through.

P1010085.jpg

See my thread.

pauldredge

Oct 4, 2009
I did use the rubber top mount that was on the standard strut. Wasn't I supposed to use that? The big rubber part you have in your pictures on your thread. Is that what you mean I should of had?

What happened to buying coilovers and fitting them straight on without messing about with things haha

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Yes - you need the big rubber mount (preferably a new one) but you must have the top bearing that fits underneath it, otherwise the piston will go straight through the topmount and strut housintg once weight goes on it.

pauldredge

Oct 4, 2009
Ah think thats where i went wrong then. The top bearing. You got a picture of it on the standard shock so i can see what part it is?

I just popped the rubber mount off the standard shock and used that. What else was needed to be taken off?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members