Ta Technixs - Somin bent :S

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
I know peoples opinions on these arent great but ordered a set before I really knew. Got them fitted on Sat night and everything was dead on until the dreaded passenger side noise appeared.

Under inspection tonight I can see that theres alot of movement in the coils but most worrying is that I think the drop link mounts on the suspension have been bent inwards. Il be gettin picks up later but can anyone confirm or show me a picture of their suspension? (coilovers). Everything is tight as a drum so its not that somin has come lose or anything.

Also can the anti roll bar be done away with or is it vital to the cars functions?

Many Thanks

Arnoldo

Arnoldo

Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
Anyone had problems like this. I know they were cheap kits but ffs this is unreal. Literally 2-3days or (100miles) and they are bent. Cheap Shite!

Arnoldo

Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
p4083743.jpg

p4083748.jpg

p4083746.jpg

Pics as promised. Now think I have been sent the wrong kit!!!

Mar 8, 2007
Youve used shorter droplinks... these arent needed because of the shape of the bracket lifts the standard ones up higher...

hannay

I bought the mk9 polo kit, the part where the droplink connects to is slightly different thus avoiding this well known problem. Ive had the TA technics kit now for a month or so, covered 1000+ miles and I can say they are by far better than the FK's i ran on my lupo.

For me, they are not KW's yet are neither 'cheap shite' as i do actually rate them!

Arnoldo

Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
Youve used shorter droplinks... these arent needed because of the shape of the bracket lifts the standard ones up higher...

They are needed as 2 other members are running them same make of coilovers and told me if I wanted to go low its what was needed. Also the manufacture supplied them when asked so they are bound to be needed!

Mar 8, 2007
Put standard droplinks on, if the roll bar is not touching the driveshaft you dont need them.

I have ap coilovers and they have exactly the same design for the ARB bracket, I'm down about 60-70mm and dont need shorter droplinks.

The ta technix people dont have a clue about their products.

at the moment, your car is probably dangerous to be driving if the bracket is like that

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
it seems hit and miss if you need them or not. my witecs i run with normal droplinks yet the previous owner of the coilovers ran shorter droplink and bent the bracket in the same way you have. i swapped the sides the coilovers were fitted so i used the straight bracket rather then the one that had been bent

Gillen

it seems hit and miss if you need them or not. my witecs i run with normal droplinks yet the previous owner of the coilovers ran shorter droplink and bent the bracket in the same way you have. i swapped the sides the coilovers were fitted so i used the straight bracket rather then the one that had been bent
This is exactly what i did with the Weitec's on my Polo GTI. Used shorter droplinks and it bent the bracket and cut into the inner wing.

Swapped the struts around (passenger to drivers, drivers to passengers) and then refitted with custom droplinks which are 2cm shorter than standard.

Like Joel said, the mounting bracket for the droplink on the strut is higher than the standard one so it's unlikely you'll need shorter droplinks.

Arnoldo

Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
I wont....the thing is I was told to get the shorter drop links by friends and people on here. Ta Technix even supplied them so I assumed I needed them. Shower of shites Ta Technixs.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
To be honest you've fitted them when you didn't need them ;)
Altho I'm kind of glad you did. I know not to make that mistake when I buy them!
Swap the suspension over from left to right, You wont have the bent one on there then :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise