Taking out Centre Dash and Clock Surround

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I am looking at getting my interior and some other parts Hydro-Dipped into White Carbon soon and was wondering with the climate control unit, does the face of that come off or would I need to send the whole unit to the company to get done?

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
The face comes off...took mine to bits and replaced the smd's so the buttons are white and the heat up is still red and heat down in blue. Just a few torx screws at the back that hold it in place from memory....the only hard part is taking the three cable looms off as they have a small clip that needs undoing first before they pull off. Bit of a fiddle as the cables aren't very long.

Also, the vents are a bit of a pain as you need to make sure the 'fins' don't come out...again, it's a bit tricky.

It's only tricky because of trying to sit in the car whilst leaning forward at an angle!

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Not sure however I think they just clip in/ out...would have checked Elsawin in the office but on the train now. The guys who are putting in gauges in their vents should know how it's done.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
20120816_111712.jpg

I had my dash painted gloss black, as the OEM colour makes it look soooo cheap (which it is)

Started by taking the HU, there are exposed torx screw, but there are 3 underneath the climate controls which I nearly missed.
The real problem is if the heater vents fall out, they are a right pain in ass to refitt.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I had my dash painted gloss black, as the OEM colour makes it look soooo cheap (which it is)

Started by taking the HU, there are exposed torx screw, but there are 3 underneath the climate controls which I nearly missed.
The real problem is if the heater vents fall out, they are a right pain in ass to refitt.

That looks nice, i think it was yours that gave me inspiration to do mine. Do not like the OEM.

Thanks for the tip :)

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

That really does make the interior look much more expensive than it is, it is the gaps between the three pieces of dash trim. That I think could have been designed to fit better together and less obvious.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.