tandem pump seal failed 2006 leon fr tdi

eswdt

May 10, 2009
On my last service it was pulled up that the inner seal on the tandem pump was letting oil into the fuel filter.

The garage that carried out the service quoted 115 pounds to replace the seal, where as the local seat deal has said that seal cannot be replaced and that a new pump is require at a cost of 360 pounds.

Any one else had a similar problem? Or know if the seal really can just be replaced?

Thanks in advance!

James

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
For a start the fuel filter is on the other side of the engine bay, unless its circulating it back within the fuel. The seals are about £6 (i fitted one on my leon and it took about 20mins - tops £115 is a rip off mate.

ChrissyM

I have a 2006 Seat Leon FR with 86,000 miles that has been in a Seat garage for 3 months. The Tandem fuel pump seal failed sucking engine oil into the fuel system, damaging one Injector and the Lift pump and coating the fuel system in oil. 5 hours labour, new Injector, new tandem pump, new lift pump......£4,000 inculding vat!!

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
I have a 2006 Seat Leon FR with 86,000 miles that has been in a Seat garage for 3 months. The Tandem fuel pump seal failed sucking engine oil into the fuel system, damaging one Injector and the Lift pump and coating the fuel system in oil. 5 hours labour, new Injector, new tandem pump, new lift pump......£4,000 inculding vat!!
wasn't there a recall on those pumps some years back time for some research:think:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
sounds like all the trouble i have ,

i can see the tandem pump is leaking from the outer gasket , and car smokes blue on tickover
and smells oily ,

i suspect an injectors gone ,

plus mpg is ****

i was also told you cant repair the out gasket , only the inner ones to which i bought for about 6 quid thinkin im quids in :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.