Tapatalk Iphone App Android Support

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
[EDIT]
Thanks goes out to the SCN guys, they have added support for this app on mobile devices so some you you may find this a faster way of checking this great forum than using a mobile browser.
[/EDIT]
(I know these are not proper tags but just wanted to update my original post to show support for this app has now been added)

Hi,

Just wondered if you'd consider installing the plugin on here to enable the new Iphone app Tapatalk to work on this forum?

Just had a quick look about and couldn't see what version of VB this place uses but VB 3.7 & 3.8 are currently supported by the Tapatalk Plugin (It does not modify or replace any of your current system configurations and doesn't take long to install or remove if you wish)

Then you just register the forum on the www.Tapatalk.com site and add it to the online directory of supported forums. You can add it as hidden if you really wished and then users have to search and find the forum but don't really see the point for this type of site as leaving it open might generate new users and or increase the use of the site by current users.

Know it would make me happy if you added it as it makes browsing a lot faster than viewing through safari. BTW I'm not related to Tapatalk in anyway, just downloaded it off the app store today.

Thoughts?

P.S. I'd be happy to test it too.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Interesting, we'll look into it. Any sort of 3rd party plug-ins need to be carefully condsidered first as they could be a security risk to the server.

We currently run 3.7 and are aiming to update to 3.8 in due course. However were about to undertake a major server upgrade. A brand new server box we bought earlier this year is being installed very soon to replace the present one.

Once that's up and running next on the agenda will be software updates etc.

Looks good though and as Jason points out I am an iPhone user so I'm halfway convinced. ;)

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
Interesting, we'll look into it. Any sort of 3rd party plug-ins need to be carefully condsidered first as they could be a security risk to the server.

We currently run 3.7 and are aiming to update to 3.8 in due course. However were about to undertake a major server upgrade. A brand new server box we bought earlier this year is being installed very soon to replace the present one.

Once that's up and running next on the agenda will be software updates etc.

Looks good though and as Jason points out I am an iPhone user so I'm halfway convinced. ;)

Great, at least it's being considered which is as much as I hoped for really. Understand you've got to be careful with any plugin, we're using it on another forum and haven't had any problems. To remove it it's as easy as deleting a folder.

This app isn't a complete polished program with every feature of the forum (yet) but works quite well just to view threads at the moment.

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
Re: Tapatalk Iphone App Support

Not bad. But to be honest I'd got use to using the forum in safari and found it quite easy after a while.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
Thanks guys, it's really nice to know that requests etc are even considered let alone implemented on such a busy forum.

The app does seem to crash sometimes but from the first virsion things have improved a lot so hopefully this should be fixed soon. I'd guess it was more of an app problem than something server side.

You may want to edit the icon used as a lot of the forum name does not show, i can past a screen grab if you need.

Again cheers for adding this

Dean

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.