Tarraco test drive

Tony Tonic

Jan 30, 2019
We had an interesting day test driving the Tarraco yestereday through London and a bit of M4 for about 3 hours. It was a 190 TsI 4drive DSG excellence. Not the engine and gear box I ordered but gave me a fair impression of the car.
It’s a good car but not amazing but that’s to be expected at that price point. First impression was it is Not as big a I imagined from the pictures. The 3rd row really is just for children. The car is same width as the Ateca just a bit longer. The boot is shallower but longer than the Ateca.
Wind Noise insulation is good both in town and motorway but on the 20 inch rims the road noise is there. It’s not softly sprung like the Kodiaq. Steering is quite direct. One turn of the wheel in either direction for full lock.
The tech however is flawless. The LED lights and bulbs everywhere are great. Interior ambient lighting is plush.
Seats could be more comfy. Somehow I couldn’t get fully relaxed. Will need to work out a good driving position.
Any other questions please let me know and I will try to answer

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Rule of thumb Seat is always going to give you a more sporty ride that a Skoda or VW. The seats might break in. Mine took about six months in leather (Ateca) to get comfortable before the bucket got comfortable. Bolster and leather don't give in. That's my theory.

I thought the boot was shallow in the Tarraco I looked at. The rear seats down lift the floor so there is more up and over than the sister car. 4Drive you got the axle, spare wheel, plus the third row down, least for the UK market.

Reactions: Tony Tonic
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise